Learning In Quarantine

Graduation cap with background and the words "The Quarantine Education"

Education, something that most of us saw as a typical part of life. We wake up, go to school, learn, leave to home/work/activity, do some more work and repeat. But one day that changed, we no longer went to this place that was apart of a near-daily routine.

COVID-19 has changed education and will most likely continue in the future. Not only has COVID-19 changed the way we learn, but what we learn and the flaws in the current education system.

Across the globe "reimagine education" is being thrown around, some are excited, some are afraid, I for one don't know I feel about it.

What Are The Lessons We Have Learned In Quarantine?

There is no doubt that we haven't been able to take away at least one thing while being in quarantine. For one, more and more students now miss the school that they once opposed. School was predictable, but when it changed, we were not ready for it. We never thought of the possibility of year of learning to almost be put on hold due to some external element. Most of us took school for granted, but now with how things have played out, we cherish the moments we had within the school walls. The socializing, the learning, the overall environment of school that gave us a sense of community. School wasn't perfect for all of us, there were flaws, but now we accept the flaws and realize how much we appreciate schools. 

We learned that sometimes life throws a curveball at us, but we have to get back up, and keep moving forward.

So, What's Next?

There is no doubt that school will be different when we return, but also it will feel awkward. Not only will you be returning to a place you haven't been in months or transitioning to a place you haven't been before, but you'll be faced with a different experience. We have been home, and taking classes on a computer, which for many has made learning a struggle. Digital learning will never match the in-person experience of education.

But know this, we will learn, we will adapt, and we will keep moving forward. I encourage you to learn not just in school but out of school, learn about something you are interested in or want more info about. Maybe you'll find a new hobby, or maybe find how you want to help make an impact on the world. I look forward to the future and what it has to offer.