Let's get educated

flowers at the ground

Getting educated can help you a lot. For example I decided to educate myself more about things that gave me anxiety because I listened to the podcast "Teenager Therapy: Getting overwhelmed with activism “.  The hosts had a talk with X Gonzalez and they said something that stuck with me: "The forces of evil are not scarier than the bad guys in Scooby-Doo after they have been revealed at the end of the episode. You may get even more anxious if you learn about stuff that already gives you anxiety, but you also might feel more relaxed."

The best thing about the century we’re currently living in is, at least in my opinion, that almost everyone has access to knowledge. It has never been easier to educate yourself about a topic – whether you listen to a podcast or attend a workshop, you will learn stuff you never even thought about before.

Self-education is not forced. It’s not school: you can decide on your own which topic you would like to know more about and how much time and effort you put into it. On the other hand, people tend to work harder when they are trying to actually achieve something, such as an official degree.

Taking up learning habits is a great way to stay on track. Looking up unknown words you stumble across in daily life, for example, can be a good start. I like to write down everything that comes to my mind while I’m doing something else. Later, when I’m bored, there are always several things I can learn about.

School doesn’t teach you enough about gender identity, anti-racism, taxes… All the things that we are supposed to know about.