MY DELUSION FOR EDUCATION!

MY DELUSION FOR EDUCATION!!!

Instruction ends in school-room but education ends only with life
- Frederick W. Robertson

Let us design our lives with education as the base

National Education Policy has got a lot of amelioration from the (1986’s) policy. As we know there are two sides to each coin, so does the national education policy. N.E.P has both strengths and limitations. The first amendment brought up in this New/National Education Policy is that, students’ education in native speech until at least Grade 5, but preferably till Grade 8.

If the students schooling is in native speech, the regularity of them speaking in the universal language becomes arduous and in addition, though students speak or learn the universal language from beginning the calibre of the universal language enunciated in India is not at high standard. So according to me this amendment in the National Education Policy would deteriorate the standards of universal language enunciated in India. This provision could be modified as a must render national language before grade 8. It will help the students unambiguously fly across India.

The New Education Policy 's second panorama is to have board exams for grades 3, 5, and 8. And this amelioration also states that these scores wouldn’t contribute to their future studies. Interpreting, passing or failing for these board exams does not affect the student’s future.

Then there wouldn’t be any discrepancy between the person who prepares really well and the person who doesn’t take these exams earnestly. And having board exams in 3rd grade is extremely early, students wouldn't be mature enough to understand exactly what a board exam is. Instead this amendment could be altered as ‘The board exams to be conducted in grade 3,5 and 8 could be more practical based exams, for example, every examination should involve applications that would not give an atmosphere of examination and yet students are evaluated.                                                                         

My delusion for education:                                                                                                                                       

Till today we Indians have acquired knowledge through specific subjects like Math, Science, English and so on…... But the recent amendment in the National Education Policy states that students would choose their subjects by grade 8 according to their interests. Learning as subjects until grade 8 and later choosing their interest has two drawbacks:

1) Students wouldn’t be mature enough to choose their future path at such early age

2) The interest of a student can lie in various subjects, so that the student encounters a dilemma in the selection process.

How should education be before grade 8:

Instead of learning according to subjects, students can learn according to the streams provided by universities, e.g.: learning agriculture as a subject, learning the arts as a subject, learning carpentry as a subject. This would give a clear idea of how the future studies would look like. And learning through these streams would also give them the base knowledge of mathematics, science and so on…

Learning carpentry helps students to understand the idea of mathematics, science, geography and so on…. Training in this approach will help students to choose their future direction with less or no uncertainty.

Conclusion:

Education should comprise of skill based learning, which would pave a clear path for the students’ future.