My Mind in Prison

People crossing a street, each on their own.

It's been quite a while now since I have been living in this dark town. My heart beats in fear without any reason, from the depths of my mind in prison. Why do I feel everybody is talking about me? Why do I feel everyone is staring and laughing at me?  And when everything mounts together in the back of my mind. Fear creeps into my mind and I wrap myself and hide, it goes out of hand and it gets hard to breathe, tears blur my vision and it gets hard to make a decision. Cause all I wanna do is run and hide from this town. My mind is in prison, I've got no way out of here. I walk into those gazillions of people, wearying to escape, faking smiles, forcing laughter. Every beat of my heart in fear, everything around turns unclear, numbness invades my soul and darkness paints my world. Unwillingly tryna stay, don't know what to say. Echoes in my head saying... What if I'm wrong?  What if I don't belong?  These thoughts burning and breaking me down. My mind in prison, I got no way out of here...

Social anxiety is terrible, you could be having a panic attack and no one would even know, because it's an inward thing. It feels like you're malfunctioning and you can't process your own thoughts. You get a knot in your stomach and you can't take a full breath, but outwardly you can literally just sit there and look completely normal, as long as no one tries to speak to you.

Sitting alone
Poetry