My Story

Red, Orange, Green and Blue stripes

All my life I knew I was 'different' to others, when I started to get older I started to come to the realisation that I liked boys, but how could this happen? I liked sports and being outdoors, I didn't wear make-up or dress up in dresses. The stereotypical gay guy, wasn't and still isn't me. 

My time being in the closet was hard, I kept it a secret for nearly 7 years! I'm good at keeping secrets. I even had girlfriends so people, my friends would think I was straight.   

Stereotypes hurt. Not being able to confide in people hurts more. 

I'm slowly starting to love myself more, and starting to accept who I am with the help of my new friends. 

I never had the opportunity to been taught about same-sex relationships or safe sex when its 2 men doing the deed. I was never taught about that. We, the human race has to do better. We say equality for all, yet leave out minorities in education and careers. We must do better for the future generations and make the world a safe place for LGBT+ People. 

Hi, I am Eddie, and this was my story. 

"Being Gay is like being left-handed. Some people are, most people aren't and nobody really knows why. It's not right or wrong, it's just the way things are!"
Stories