Never let them take you down

Be kind to your beautiful self

"I am a worthless person. "
"I am ugly. "
"I am a stupid one."
"I am good for nothing. "
"I am not worthy of love. "
"Who am I? I am nobody."
"I am always wrong."

Sometimes, people around us make us feel like this, by their words or actions. Sometimes they pointlessly criticize us and break us. 
Now think, when someone criticizes you destructively, what do you do? If you tell yourself these words, then are you different than the ones who hurt you? Aren't you hurting you even more?

Instead, you shouldn’t give up on yourself. You should try to console yourself, give yourself a warm hug and tell, "It’s okay. " You should love yourself, comfort yourself. Say like this, "I make mistakes, but that doesn’t make me a bad person. Next time I am going to correct these. It’s alright. ", " I may not be good at things that people are good at, but still I can do some other things. There are a lot of things to do out there.", "Okay, my footprints maybe don’t match with others. That doesn’t mean my path is wrong. I am going to believe in it."

Think, if you don’t love yourself and take care of yourself, then who will? If you give up on yourself, then who is going to pick you up? If you don’t stand by yourself and comfort yourself during hard times, then who is going to do that? If you don’t be kind towards yourself, then who will be? If it’s not you, then who?

You cannot change other people's minds. You cannot control them or stop them from hurting you. But you can change yourself. Change starts with you. If you change, then everything will change. If you can love yourself, no matter what the world says.

Next time when you will get hurt by someone, tell yourself,
"I am beautiful. "
"I can do it."
"I won't give up. "
"I won’t let them spoil my day."
"I am going to prove them wrong."
And of course, don’t forget to tell,
"I love me!"

When we see others in danger or despair, we want to be the first one to help him/her, don’t we? So why don’t do it for yourself? Be the first one to help yourself during hard times instead of waiting for others to come.
Bangladesh