The Secret

A christmas present

Books.

My parents say that I have a special relationship with books. I love to read them, 'eat' them, 'digest' them and collect them. Someone rightly said that the only way to get into a person's mind is to read his books. It's really amazing and fascinating to see how books can transform our lives, push us into another world, feed our brains and give us the possibility to fight dragons. Books are so powerful and I will proudly say that - yes they are magical too! I love to read from science books/magazines to fan fiction, I read a lot. I read many fiction books, and autobiographies, as well as comic books. This month, my friends and I challenged each other to step out of our comfort zone and we were given the type of book that we were unlikely to read. I've read only few philosophical books and thus I was given The Secret.

I'm not going to review the book for you but since it's the last book I read before Christmas, I would like to share with you some highlights/chapter summaries. The book talks about the law of attraction and helped me change the way I think. [spoiler alert]

Very briefly, there is something called the law of attraction which is a natural law and it states that like attracts like, so when you think of a thought, you are also attracting like thoughts to you. Thoughts are magnetic and have a frequency so if you want to change something in your life, change the frequency by changing your thoughts. Your current thoughts are creating your future life so think for the best. You are what you think.

You have the power to create your life, ask the universe what you want and work for it. Ask, believe and receive. As Clement stone said - "Whatever the mind can conceive it can achieve."

Filter all the negativity around you and think only of good things. Most people think about what they don't want and they are wondering why it shows up over and over again. The "I don't want this...' epidemic makes us think of things that we don't want (negative things) and drift our focus from things that we want.

Have you ever wondered why when something has gone wrong in the morning, you end up having a bad day? For example, your car broke down when going to work in the morning, and a series of bad things happen, like suddenly it starts to rain, you get drenched and sick, you arrive late at work, etc.

Yes, we create our own self with our thoughts. It is important to also note that our minds change, we are not the same person every day, tragedies happen, sometimes people tend to be in the wrong place at the wrong time, all our actions are interconnected and sometimes we have no power to control everything. That's true, we are humans after all. There are some things that are beyond our hands but there are also some things that lie in our hands and we need to use it effectively to build our future and write our own story. Therefore, let’s take control of what we can and let go of things we have no control over.

Since it's Christmas, I think it's a great opportunity to rethink our lives and welcome change. Merry Christmas and Happy New year to everyone, all my best wishes.

Mauritius