Some content on social media is putting feminism at risk

a woman getting harassed by content on social media.

We all use social media like Facebook, Instagram and Twitter in our day-to-day life. We get different videos and photos to watch on social media. They give different messages. But today I saw a very critical thing in a video. That thing is just cutting my heart. From childhood, I've grown myself as a feminist and that's why, I always wish by deep of my heart that every female should get her basic rights. But the video I saw was just denying those rights.

Actually as it was time to go to bed, I was on my bed and my mother was in the same room and watching some videos on Facebook. I was able to clearly hear conversations taking place in those videos. And at a moment, went to my mother to talk something and incidentally saw the caption of video.

Daughter-in-law of a family who was from city, insulted her sister-in-law and sister-in-law gave a perfect answer. 

I ignored it and went to my bed. But the conversation, I heard from video was just amusing.

In it, husband of a girl tells her to bring a glass of water for him and as she is from a feminist family, she refuses to by saying that I am your wife, not a servant. And after speaking, she turns to go, but as she goes inside, brother of her husband stops her and says, "Hey, you're a woman and so you shouldn't speak against your husband and follow his orders because he's a man." The girl gets angry and slaps that person.

He goes away, but at the very moment, Sister-in-law of girl arrives and starts speaking to girl that being a woman, how can you dare to slap a male. It's a very wrong thing done by you. The girl fiercely and boldly replies, "A true female like me can never surrender against such harassment." And after her reply, the sister-in-law tells her that at last true power of a female is her husband and not her talent. Even if you're educated, you should follow your husband and in-laws, because females are a weaker gender in any case. People respect a female only for respect she gives to males. You should become maid of your husband and take his care. That's true duty of a girl.

After listening this, I was just amused. I asked myself, "is this the true face of society behind the mask of feminism?" As I was pretending to sleep, I couldn't see the name of channel or link of video, but believe me, this is a true story. If I had link of video, I'd have shared it as reference. I'd only like to ask a question to our elders at end of this article,"Is this the bright future which you people are gonna give us?"