Somebody Asked Me What Is Potential? ?

Kevin Thinking About The Question He Was Asked

I was quiet because I didn't really know what it meant. Since my childhood my parents and my teachers have been saying 'he has a lot potential and if he works hard that'll be really good for him'.

So according to me potential is something that tells you how capable you are to do that thing. But am I right?

According to Google: Potential means the qualities or abilities that somebody/something has but that may not be fully developed yet.

What do you think?

How can someone see how much potential we have? Does it show on our faces? I don't think so because then everyone would know about how much potential they have.

Does it reflect in our work? Maybe. Since the time I started hearing this word "potential" in all my parent-teachers meetings and from my mom on my way back from those meetings, I always had one question in my mind: Why can't we see how much potential we have? Wouldn't that make things easy?

From my perspective if I knew that I have more potential in one thing than something else, I would really leave everything and start working on it. The moment we turn 16 or maybe before that we have a fire in us to find something to pursue that we love to do and something we're good at. Sometimes that comes from within, but sometimes from external pressure (yeah I'm talking about parents and relatives). What would happen if we found that something sooner? Would that make our lives easier?

For me it would, because instead of spending 2, 3 years finding out what I'm best at, I could easily devote my time to that thing. I may have bored or confused you till now but what I mean to say is, what if you find your passion early in your life? I am finding a way to find the things you're best at but for that I need your help and support. Maybe we find some way to know our potential ourselves, without needing anyone to tell us? Let's mix our passion with our potential and bring the best out of us. Leave a comment and share if you're with me in this.

SPREAD HAPPINESS. GOOD VIBES ONLY. BE HAPPY. BE POSITIVE. LOVE YOURSELF. BECOME A PRIORITY FOR YOURSELF. SELF LOVE IS ALSO IMPORTANT. HAVE A GOOD DAY. SMILE OFTEN.

Leave a comment if you have any suggestions for me or something you would like me to write about.

India