TEDxYouth In Syria

"Tales of Passion" theme of the event

Syria is home to over 4 million young people who don’t just represent its present but also act as dynamic agents for the future. Those young Syrians when asked about their passion, many challenges showed on the horizon.

In a survey - conducted by TEDxYouth@Jahez organizers - which 90 young people filled in, 74 persons of which 65.9% were between the ages of 16 and 22 answered that they think they have ideas worth spreading. Obstacles faced by youth were divers, including lack of tools and knowledge, lack of mentorship, hardships of reaching out to target groups, financial barriers and many other. One challenge ignited the spark of the TEDx. It is the hardship of finding a suitable platform for youth to showcase their experiences, share their stories and present their innovative ideas.

In the middle of all these dilemmas, a group of dedicated and passionate youth started working on TEDxYouth which will be held for the first time ever in Syria.

TEDxYouth@Jahez is an independently organized TED event that brings together some of the leading minds and influential young people. The program features talks, ranging in length from 3 to 18 minutes, conversation breaks and other activities where audience members, speakers, and team members have the opportunity to talk and exchange ideas. In addition to the international public figures who will also have the opportunity to share their stories.

The daylong program is organized around the theme, “Tales Of Passion.” Topics to be covered include social issues, innovations, and discoveries, the principles of meaningful enterprise, new ideas in education, effective communication, computer science and art. It will start at 12.00 pm on Saturday, May 21st, 2016 and close at 7.00 pm on the same day.

TEDxYouth@Jahez wouldn’t have been possible without our generous sponsors. UNFPA and MTN provided strategic level sponsorship with other local partners.

TEDxYouth@Jahez will not be limited to those who can join the event physically but will also reach out to those who are sitting at their homes or studying at training centers. The event will be live-streamed with the support of training and education centers along with other facilities.

It is time to start sharing your passion.

Syrian Arab Republic