A Thank you letter to BTS

Image of BTS

The years 2020-2021 were hard for me, just like it was for everyone else. I was going through acute loneliness, I thought I had no one by my side, and there were a lot of moments when I felt everything had broken down. By the end of 2021, I moved into college, and everything was new, everything felt so overwhelming that at times it was really difficult for me to even be in the presence of my roommates. 

That's when I found BTS. My whole world changed after that. My perception of everything changed and I didn't fear anything anymore because I started to believe, that no matter what, I have them and their message with me. Their music is not any normal music for me, it is like therapy. There was a time when I didn't like them and was too blatant towards their music, but now that I've discovered who they are, they've become my life. Not only do they help me overcome tough times, but they also teach me so much about life. I've started to love who I am, not for what people told me I am. I started accepting myself, loving myself more than anyone else in this world. And that's how I love others around me even more, cause "loving others starts from loving yourselves" as they say. I keep learning how to become a better person from them every day.

Jin taught me how to be confident about who you are and always believe in yourself more than anyone else. RM taught me how to stay calm and take responsibility in every situation, no matter how worse things may get. Suga taught me how not to care when others try to push me down and keep doing whatever my passion is. J-hope taught me how to always be cheerful and see the bright side of everything. Jimin taught me how to care for others around me, and how to be there for them no matter what. V taught me how being different, unique, or weird is not a bad thing, to be yourself. Jungkook taught me how to explore everything and put my best efforts into everything I try to do.

BTS taught me that no matter how cruel the world might be, one can overcome anything through self-love and self-belief. I am grateful, for everything. Thank you for making music and thank you for inspiring me to be a better version of myself every day. Thank you for believing in me and making me realize just how unique and precious I really am.

Borahae~

India