Water is essential for life

“It is time for us to work towards a better future, where access to clean and safe water is a right, not a privilege.”   Mujtaba, 21, Iraq

Water is essential for life, and access to clean water is a basic human right. However, in Iraq, this right is being denied to many people. The water crisis in Iraq is not solely a consequence of climate change; it is also a human crisis, with many people facing a severe lack of access to clean and safe drinking water. This problem has already had devastating consequences for Iraq's youth and children, and the situation continues to worsen. 

In my city, Misan, surrounded by many marshes, droughts and shortage of water have resulted in the death of animals that are used as a source of food by the marshlands´ people. This is just one example of the many devastating impacts of the water crisis in Iraq

It is clear that the water crisis in Iraq is an urgent situation that needs to be addressed. Therefore, it is essential for us all to cooperate to tackle climate change. We must take steps to reduce our individual use of materials that harm the environment. By making simple changes to our daily habits, such as using public transportation, reducing plastic waste, and conserving energy, we can make a significant impact. 

Furthermore, the government has not taken sufficient action to address this problem and is not investing in the necessary facilities to provide clean water. It is the responsibility of the government to ensure that Iraqi people have access to clean water. The time to act is now, and the government must take the necessary steps to ensure that Iraqi people have access to clean water. 

Young people must be given a voice to address the water crisis. As the future of Iraq, they cannot be ignored. Solutions must involve the participation of both young people, who are the most affected, and local authorities to ensure equitable access to safe and clean water. The government must invest in facilities that provide clean water and must work with communities to ensure that water is distributed equitably. 

Additionally, there must be an increased focus on adapting to climate change to reduce the risk of further water depletion and ensure a secure future for Iraq’s youth. It is critical that decision-makers fund green initiatives and renewable energy projects that can lower emissions and develop long-term solutions to protect water supplies. 

Finally, we can no longer ignore the consequences of climate change on our planet. We must act now to limit its effects and reduce its impact on our environment and the lives of future generations. The water crisis in Iraq is just one of the many challenges we face, and we must work together to ensure a sustainable and secure future for all. 

It is time for us to take action and work towards a better future, where access to clean and safe water is a right, not a privilege. By working together, we can ensure that the water crisis in Iraq is addressed, and that the future of the country's youth is secure. The time to act is now.