What does good parenting really mean? Part one

children

Every child has his/her own personality. They have their own abilities and interests and have a right to choose which activities they would like to participate in, we can't decide that on behalf of them. Our role is only to provide them with the required information and opportunities to discover the different paths and the appropriate supervision for them to make their own informed decisions, with no force of any type.

Our children are more than their academic achievements and school grades. We should help them to evolve in each aspect of their personality, not only their academic performance. In their early years of life, they have their right to play and explore the world with no obligations or commitments.

Let them live their own lives and don't assume that love means overprotection and not giving them the chance to choose. "Healthy parenting" means the supervision of your kids to achieve what matters to them while keeping them safe.

Instead of planning their future on behalf of them to achieve our own dreams, we need to plan how to make them feel loved, appreciated and secure so they can enjoy being the best version of themselves.

Good parenting is not about providing our children with money and possessions, it's about giving them unconditional love and support in any path they would choose.

Finally, I would like to conclude our discussion with these valuable words.

Listen to the desires of your children. Encourage them and then give them the autonomy to make their own decision. Denis Waitley, American writer
Egypt