Women's Rights

A lot of women

Gender equality and women's rights is an issue all around the world. Although over time society has developed in its ways in which it supports all people, there are still multiple huge issues happening in the world. Over 50% of the world population are females. There are multiple countries in the world who still do not give women the right to vote or freedom of speech.

Some women around the world deal with many issues such as some are still married as children or trafficked into forced labour. Some are also refused access to education and political participation. Around the world, deaths related to pregnancy and childbirth are needlessly high, and women are prevented from making personal choices in their private lives. Women also still receive a lot of discrimination and judgement in work spaces and in their jobs. 

I think that what we need to try and do as a society is make sure that all genders have the right to freedom and opinion, and that all genders are treated the same and there is no discrimination. To make sure that all women feel safe and supported in their life. This is so that everyone can be the best versions of themselves and receive all the help and support no matter their gender. The positive aspect is that there are multiple groups and organizations that are fighting for the rights of women and for equality. You can support this movement by doing things such as signing petitions and donating money to women shelters. 

Jordan