Culture

From the #MeToo movement to debates about gender: 5 stories you really liked on Voices of Youth in 2019

This year you have written, read, liked, commented or shared hundreds of blog posts, poems, sparks and other content on Voices of Youth and our social media channels. And we want to thank you for that!

We invite you to check again some of the most read, commented or shared articles that were published by youth voices in our web in 2019.

But first, help us do better next year by answering this poll:

Participate in Our Survey

What kind of content do you enjoy the most on Voices of Youth?

Choices

5 of the most popular articles this year:

UNICEF Ghana

I want to change how society sees people with disabilities

"Growing up with blindness, I noticed that, the concept of educating the blind, was almost unheard of in my community. So, when I came to school, I was determined to show everybody that, I could also make it," wrote Lord Sarkodie, a student from Ghana, in one of the most inspiring posts of the year. Read more about his story here.

The Flint Water Crisis - impact, solutions and repercussions

The blogger jennie.doyle wrote about a water crisis in this city of Michigan, United States, that she described as a “nightmare with long-term repercussions on the health of inhabitants.” Find out what happened here

Photo by Noorulabdeen Ahmad on Unsplash

Masculinity and femininity

"It is time that society realizes that masculinity and femininity are not traits we associate with depending on gender," wrote a Voices of Youth author from Asia in one of the most read blog posts of 2019. Keep reading here

Analyzing The Sudden Emergence And Impact Of The #MeToo Movement In India

How did #MeToo impacted India in 2019? Aishwarya Girinarayanan wrote about the sudden emergence of this movement in her country. You can find her post here

“Dear women who say they don´t need feminism”

This was one of the most debated blog posts on Voices Of Youth this year, by Neleria, who wrote about the need to celebrate International Women's Day in honor of all women who are "oppressed, unseen and unheard" around the world. What are your thoughts?

© UNICEF/UNI206856/Berkwitz

One issue you care about a lot this year: Climate Change

Our 'Take Action' campaign about youth voices against climate change was one of the most popular pieces of content on Voices of Youth this year.

We invite you to visit it again and learn that you, too, can take action. 

?✊ Meet Generation Green: young people who are determined to save the planet

How does climate change impact your life?

8 ways to save our seas... and some cash

Transforming ordinary schools into green schools

♻️ Read all of our blogs about environment here

Do you want to create content for Voices of Youth, too?

Countering disheartening headlines about today’s young generation, the Voices of Youth community proves that young people ARE making a difference, each and every day. 

So find your voice and change the world. Here's a good start: How to submit

Topic