Education

The school we want: reimagining education for every child

Every child has the right to learn. More children and adolescents today are enrolled in pre-primary, primary and secondary education than ever before. Yet, for many of them, schooling does not lead to learning – and this was before COVID-19 shuttered schools and disrupted learning across the globe, creating an urgent need to reimagine education.

As part of UNICEF's Youth Mediathon, Nigerian youths Anne Usang and David Joseph worked with their mentors Mila Maria Del Milagro Linares Rodriguez from UNICEF, and Zack McCune from Wikipedia, to reimagine the school they want.

They gathered quotes from young people around the world, sharing their views on what needs to be changed in order to make school a better place for every child:

MEET THE TEAM

Anne Usang is a resilient, purpose driven Nigerian citizen, with great interest in personal development. She is committed to fostering growth and improving the quality of living amongst young persons in her community and beyond. 

She is the host of "The Gleam Podcast" , a podcast that shares real time tips that build and inspire youths towards productive, positive and impactful living. She is an undergraduate of Computer Engineering at the University of Uyo, Uyo, Nigeria, and is is skilled in graphics design and video editing.

Anne Usang 

David Joseph is a 20-year-old UNICEF volunteer and an ambassador for U-Report. He resides in Italy, where he is also a Ublogger, a platform where young people in Italy can express their voice about global issues. 

He also plays with a local football team in Rome and he likes discussing Economic, philosophical and political issues. He would also like to have a career in Development and International Economics. 

David Joseph
Topic