Fear of the unknown

Okiriguo Praises

Somehow I feel there is a lot that I am not letting out. I feel like there is more energy inside of me that seems to not be coming out, but I am eager to bring forth that energy inside of me; yet, I don’t know how.  

I am scared I might fail and probably not do well. Maybe I am scared of what people will think about me. I don’t know if I am fluent or capable enough. I don’t know if I have the skills needed to carry out responsibilities and implement those set goals, not because I don’t want to, but I just don’t know how to go about it. 

Can I succeed? Is it possible to try? 

These are some of the questions we often ask ourselves in our closet while thinking and reflecting on certain issues pertaining to our lives, but, funny enough, you can never tell how bad or good you are if you don’t come out of the fear that grips your heart.  

I call it fear of the unknown. 

Remember Joshua 1:9, "Have I not commanded thee? Be strong and of good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest."

How do we get to improve on ourselves if we don't try. Truthfully, we will never learn nor grow if we don’t try. Growth comes from the ability to fail and fail and come out from that failure strong. Mistakes are part of life. In order to grow mistakes are inevitable and your ability to learn from your mistakes and be productive makes you better. 

The question is are you willing to try? Are you willing to come out of that shell ?? Trust me, there is so much energy inside of you, and so many people are just waiting to hear you speak. You don’t get to understand the picture until you taste it. it's okay to make mistakes, it's okay to fail. These are just a part of the process to getting better. 

You can be better than you are now if you take intentional actions to build yourself. Step out of that fear and learn something new. Your mentors and the people you look up to did not make it to where they are by sitting and contemplating to move or not. They took a bold step, they took risks and possible actions, they failed and came back strong ?. What about you? 

Decide today and take actions to learn, grow and become the best at what you do. 

PS: Where you are, is not what you are. 

© 2019 

Okiriguo Praises 

#wednesdaymotivation

#becourageous

Nigeria