Racial Discrimination: a deadly poison

racism

Racism is not just an added stress to individuals of minority ethnic groups, but is a pathogen which generates depression.

Racism usually occurs at workplace and schools and is mostly experienced by immigrants and refugees.

The immigrants and refugees are often taken advantage as labour force, human trafficking and even cases of rape and child marriage.

Their human rights must be protected, so they will have the right to life and liberty, freedom from slavery and torture, freedom of opinion and expression, the right to work and education to eradicate poverty, and end child marriage.

Being racist towards someone can impact that person a lot, as it can cause depression, low self-esteem, losses in a psychological sense and a sense of helplessness.

Even preteens and teenagers have experienced racism at school and on social media platforms.

If we search on the net we can get a lot of results about teenagers' suicide due to racism and discrimination, because they felt isolated, hated, not accepted in their own society or even worthless.

Racism and discrimination should be stopped because we should be ONE to make this world a greater place. The planet is for everyone to live in, because everybody is equal as we all bleed the same color.

Everyone should change their mindset to treat everyone equally, regardless of race, sex, nationality, ethnicity, language, religion, or any other status.

It's up to the parents to nurture their children because racism isn't something you are born with, it is taught.

" We were all humans until race disconnected us, religion separated us, politics divided us and wealth classified us "
Malaysia