What is feminism? We want to be treated the same way as you...

Sign that represents women and sign that represents men.

Who is a feminist? Feminists are people who support feminism. What is feminism? Feminism is a theory that says that women and men should have equality, same rights.

Some people say that feminists are crazy, but in fact they are not crazy at all. Feminists stand up for all of the women in the world,  they are brave and strong. Don’t say that feminists are crazy if you don’t know who they are!

Some people think they will lose something if women have equality and same rights as men, but they aren’t losing anything, actually they are making the world a happier and better place to live.  

Women couldn't go outside without men, work or be educated under the Taliban rule in Afghanistan. A lot of people are trying to make women’s rights better, but there are still some countries that don’t allow women to do what they want, they don’t get paid well or they can’t work where they want to work.

I think now it’s the time that we all stand together and make world the better place to live.

Voices of Youth is UNICEF's community FOR YOUTH, BY YOUTH ✊✊?✊?✊?

Discover other stories from young voices around the world -and share yours! How?

Register in our web, follow us on Twitter or use the hashtag #VoicesOfYouth on your social media channels. Ready to speak up for the issues you care about?