Covid 19, Quarantine life and lessons for humanity

Pexels

Coronavirus is all over the news, and seriously, if you have anxiety with all the covid 19 updates happening, please do not read on. 

The coronavirus hit us by surprise, and consumed us within months. Nobody predicted that it would kill so many people, force countries to lockdown, shut schools and public places and put our life on hold. It hit us and now it's everywhere. It made the whole world bleed, and spreading like wildfire.

Everyone has been writing on this (and no it's not a post about panic buying and no toilet paper), and I honestly do not know where I stand. I am an international student studying in the UK, and I realized that I would probably not be able to properly say goodbye to the city I ended falling in love with.

My friends with whom, I have countless memories with left in one second. The exams that I have been preparing for months got postponed, and we are suddenly left with this void and at the same time this mess. Like every student, I have no idea what will happen to the status of my exams, and will I ever be able to properly graduate, to hug my teachers and tell them thank you, to have that Europe trip with my friends and to live my 21-year old life. There is this panic, and it's like our lives have been reprogrammed. 

During this chaos, we then realize the weight of humanity, the implications of our actions and how we all are connected. While we wait for borders to be opened, so that we can go back home in the comfort of our bed, we hear the shouts of refugees louder, we 'empathize' with those who have been uprooted from their home, and force to flee, we understand their pain and suffering because we know how it feels. '

We know that we share only religion that is humanity, and this crisis is bringing humanity out of people.The world is changing, it is healing, there is light at the end of the tunnel. Pollution is being cleared off, the equilibrium is being restored, and at the end of this, the world will heal. There are so many lessons of humanity to take on from there: racism, health, love and how to embrace uncertainty and make something out of it!

And the people stayed home. And read books, and listened, and rested, and exercised, and made art, and played games, and learned new ways of being, and were still. And listened more deeply. Some meditated, some prayed, some danced. Some met their shadows. And the people began to think differently. And the people healed. And, in the absence of people living in ignorant, dangerous, mindless, and heartless ways, the earth began to heal. And when the danger passed, and the people joined together again, they grieved their losses, and made new choices, and dreamed new images, and created new ways to live and heal the earth fully, as they had been healed.

~Kitty O'Meara

My heart goes to people who live in a toxic environment at home and to all those with depression and other issues that is making social distancing difficult. Please be strong, and let us brave through this together. Let's practice self care, work on ourselves, love ourselves and others more deeply, sprinkle kindness around, heal so that we do not bleed on people who didn't cut us, spread more love and be there for each other.

I am over at @_Yeshna if anyone wants to talk about anything( it can be about anything; atoms, human rights, books, which tea I like).

Share your quarantine story with us! You can use the hashtag #voicesofyouth

Thank you for reading. Please wash your hands. Laptops and phones carry a lot of bacteria and viruses, so please take care everyone. Sending huge virtual hugs and healing vibes.