Transforming Education for Gender Equality

my group of study

Education is vital, especially for this generation in a changing world, but it faces major problems in relation to gender equality. As we all know, gender equality means giving opportunities to both men and women without regard to sex, so that they are treated and supported equality.

In the context of education systems, gender equality should ensure that female and male learners are treated equality, and have equal access to learning and its benefits. However, some regions and countries still see this as a trivial problem, which is a cause for concern.

Because we receive at a young age, education has a large impact our personality and mindset. As such, it can influence a child's development and future chances if they faces gaps in their education due to gender inequality. These impacts should be a key focus of the world’s youth. Looking at the gender gaps around us – such as women being forced to be no more than housewives or complete most of the housework – is heartbreaking for the current generation.

It is our duty as the youth to make change together. It is time to take action so that education systems are more impartial and equitable for both genders. How do we do that? First, we must have the courage to speak up, as this gives us the courage to take bigger actions. We must reject all forms of inequality, be open minded and insightful about gender rights, pay more attention to the role of women, and give women the same opportunities to be leaders as men. This includes letting women work outside the home, to express their opinion in public, and take the lead in social settings. Small changes now can lead to bigger changes in the future. By transforming our education systems to be more equitable and impartial, we can create a better world for future generations.

"We must reject all forms of inequality, be open minded and insightful about gender rights, and pay more attention to the role of women."

-Orynawa, 17
Indonesia