For a better 2021

2021

As 2020 is about to come to an end, everyone is hoping that 2021 will be better, in every way. It’s up to the nature to decide the world’s future, but there are certain tasks that we can do to make 2021 better. Even though we had to stay locked up in our houses and pause everything we used to do, the time did not wait for us.

Remember how we started this year with thousands of hopes? Were you able to complete the tasks you planned to do within 2020? If the answer is “Yes”, it means nothing can stop you, not even a global pandemic. But I suppose the majority has to say “No”, including the writer myself.

Since there’s no use of worrying over the wasted time, let’s promise ourselves to make 2021 great, perhaps the greatest year in our lives.

Below, I suggest 4 vows that you can take in order to make 2021 a life changing year for all.

1. Stop procrastinating

This is a common mistake that most people make. It drives you to a path which would ruin the entire life. Time management is an essential skill which everyone must have, because we never know how much time is left.  Therefore, promise yourself to refrain from procrastinating. It will make your life much easier and you’ll feel way more satisfied at the end of every day.

2. Stop complaining

Often seen in many individuals. Whatever happened in your past is done now. “Let bygones be bygones” they say, isn’t it? You have to stop complaining about the difficulties you had to overcome and the ones you are facing now. Always remember that there are thousands of people out there, who struggle to get the things you already have. If you’re reading this blog, it means that you have an internet connection, a device, literacy and probably a nice cup of coffee. Look, you have the whole world at your fingertips. Think of the ones who don’t have at least the most essential needs. If you, the youth, keep complaining and worrying about the stuff you don’t have, who is there to run the world? In your arms is not only your destiny but also the world’s. So be content with what you have and keep earning things for the future.

Okay, enough of Don’ts now, let’s go for the Do’s.

3. Keep a goal, always

Best way to avoid feeling empty and dull. When you don’t have a specific goal, you feel like there’s no use of studying or working. No one wants to waste their energy for nothing. Keep a goal that always motivates you to work hard. Can’t find one? Then read some inspiring biographies of famous people. Trust me, this helps.

4. Believe in yourself

Nothing is more significant than believing in yourself. Before anyone and everyone else, you have to believe that you’re reliable. Just know your values, trust upon your abilities and use them at the correct time. Never let anyone underestimate you, not even yourself. Let your confidence arise within. Be you, live you.

If you can promise yourself to follow these rules in the upcoming year I’m sure that you’d make 2021 a great year, even if the pandemic may or may not end.  

1. Stop procrastinating
2. Stop complaining
3. Have a goal
4. Believe in yourself
New year eve's fireworks
Sri Lanka