Positive beginnings

The Beauty of mornings

From: 7.8 billion people
Earth 
Universe 

To: 2021
Earth 
Universe 

Subject: Life as we know it. 
               “Life changes very quickly, in a very positive way, if you let it.” 

Date: December 31st,2020

Respected 2021,

The year 2020 was filled with uncertainty and responsibility. It was a rollercoaster ride for all but one thing that it guaranteed was TRANSFORMATION. Each one of us became a better version of ourselves. It taught us patience and understanding of others emotions and of oneself too. 
          We spent nearly 10 months confined to our homes. We learnt how important it is to value time spent with your family and mostly with your thoughts. 
          Negativity preoccupied our minds. We kept thinking what could possibly go wrong, but how many of us actually thought of the near future in an optimistic way? Very few. 
         It made us understand and value mental health. Mental health became a challenge during this testing period. Not just the elders but children were being affected too. Just because no one else can heal or do your inner work for you doesn’t mean you can, should or need to do it alone. A child’s mental health is as important as his physical health and deserves the same quality of support. Often we misjudge a child’s mental health thinking that a toy or a chocolate can enlighten their mood, it may give them superficial happiness but we may often miss out on what they feel deep inside and that is when confining to our homes made us spend time with the children and talk them out of their thoughts and we got to know their ambitions and dreams. The elders had to be deprived of their natural resources since everything was limited and sustainable lifestyle was the only key for living. 
       It also taught us how wisdom not only pertained to elders but to young children as well. The presence of a wisdom tooth may or may not classify us as WISE. The youngsters understood what we as elders often missed out. They realized how important the frontline workers were and how tediously they were working for our betterment and knew they weren’t to be taken for granted. 
         2020 may not have been the year we wanted and was definitely not something we planned for on December 31st, 2019 but we made it through with simple changes in ourselves. We started valuing the minute changes around us, we saw how hard people were working to start from scratch and to get life back on normal. All this was helpful because we knew how the year 2021 was filled with POSITIVITY and PROSPERITY. Without it, we couldn’t have made a day. 
       Now that the vaccines are around, we have better things to look forward to. Life is a gift and it offers us the privilege, opportunity and responsibility to give something back by becoming more. 
         I conclude by requesting you to be kind to all of us and to bring happiness and good health to each one of us and to kind of do damage control for the year 2020. 

Thank you 

Yours sincerely 
An optimistic human

Bahrain