My dream

Nurse

My dream has always been to be a nurse. I want to help people and I want to show people I care. Nurses are always helpful. While others may not care about their job and just want to earn money, I want to help, not just focus on the money, the amount I’m making, or anything materialistic.

I want to be there to listen to people, take care of them, help them with anything and be there to make sure they are okay. On the other hand, nurses also work long hours away from their families. They are asked to do tasks that most people in the world won’t want to do. Sometimes they deal with patients with severe injuries such as rotten flesh, vomit and diarrhea. They also deal with dead patients or patients that are dying and have to deliver the news in a meaningful way.

This is being a nurse, working long hours, helping people and assisting them with anything. They also deal with demanding disrespectful patients, but remain calm through all those harsh stressful situations. Being a nurse has some benefits and some stressful and bad moments, but it’s all worth it in the end when you find people smiling and thanking you for your job. This is my dream and this is why I want to become a nurse.