The story of Two Wolves

Two volves stan next to each other, they seem to be grinning, in a fores with snow and trees.

Today I'm sharing with you a story I came across recently that really resonated with me. So here it goes.

An old Cherokee person is teaching his grandson about life. "A fight is going on inside me", he said to the boy. "It is a terrible fight and it is between two wolves. One is evil – he is angry, envious, full of sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, lies, inferiority,  false pride, superiority, and ego."

He continued,  "The other is good – he is joy, peace, love, hope, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion and faith. The same fight is going on inside you – and inside every other person, too."

The grandson thought about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather, "Which wolf will win ?"

The old Cherokee simply replied, "The one you feed." 

***

Our thoughts can be our worst enemy sometimes, but only if we let them. The fight between two wolves is eternal; the first wolf will always be there. But if you are more mindful of that, then you can choose to act in spite of those negative feelings or hard times. That's how you feed the second wolf.