How to feel better

Me in Slazburg

Sometimes life can get pretty difficult to deal with, but it's important to always get back on the right track. When it gets the hardest, that's when you need to work on yourself the most.

No matter how old you are, everyday tasks can start to seem impossible; even a simple "getting out of bed" can become a daily struggle. That's when you know that something's wrong with you. When I say "wrong" I don't mean that you're bad, unhealthy or broken. To me it simply means that you need a break to collect yourself and there's nothing wrong with taking a step back. Today's generation has to deal with an endless amount of stress which, in a lot of cases, leads to big health issues. Your body is not a machine that is built only for work in order to be the best. Your body and mind are the only thing in this world that's 100% yours since the day you were born till the day you die, so it has to be your no. 1 priority to look after it and give it the care it needs.

Not being able to sleep or eat is a big red flag, also not enjoying other people's company as much as you used to (and by that I don't mean taking a day off and not going out for a day. By that I mean not going out for a whole week or a month and distancing yourself from others), loosing interest in the things that you loved before etc. If you feel like that right now, it's time to take a break. Whether its from work or school. I know that it seems that taking a break from work or school is the end of the world because without working who will take care of your finances and "without education there will be no work". But it's not all black and white.

Firstly if you're able to, you should use a couple of days off work just to clear your head, but the best thing would be to get a job that you really enjoy doing. I know that it's really hard to get a dream job and that's why people often choose jobs that will stable them financially, but try to find a job that you really enjoy doing even if it's for a lower wage, it's worth it. Don't put money in front of your own health. Secondly, taking a break from school isn't such a bad thing at all. It's in the norm to finish your school in time as everyone else does, but it could lead to bad choices related to your education and studying subjects that you don't which can put much more stress on your shoulders. It's better to take some time off to clear your head and come back when you know what you want to study and when you're ready to study it. But it's okay if you're not ready to take such a big break, even I'm not ready to do it. Instead you can try to reconnect with old friends and go out even on days when you don't want to. A breath of fresh air makes your hurting a little less painful. Also try to explore yourself and your talents. That means going out of your comfort zone and doing things that you never thought of doing. Invest in yourself. I know that "beauty" is a word that society has put in our minds like a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow that we seek everyday in order to become rich, but investing in your appearance can help you grow confidence and give you the strength to go outside. Try different styles and hairstyles to change your everyday look a bit. Change is good even though it can be scary.

Everyday is a new day for you to become anyone you want to be in this world and that's the beauty of change. I can't promise you that the pain will disappear but at least you can try.

Croatia