Cyberbullying is a serious threat

Say NO to Cyberbullying.

The internet has been a huge part of our lives ever since we started using it. The first time I used it was when I was 8 or 9 years old back in 2005, I used nothing but Google. Now, 14 years later, I'm quite active on my social media, following famous people's accounts and reading news from all around the world.

The internet has changed, we noticed it. The good change is that a lot of information is accessible, but the bad change is cyberbullying.

Cyberbullying is not an unknown term. I'm sure everybody who has social media knows about it or even has been a victim of this malicious behaviour. The internet provides bullies a vantage point where they can see and pick their next targets anywhere, anytime.

Some people might think cyberbullying is nothing. ​​​​

No

Cyberbullying is a serious threat, it can be as cruel as anything that happens at school. Cyberbullying includes insults, harassment and embarrassment, and we've got to take it seriously because it causes emotional and physical stress that can lead to anxiety and depression. Anxiety and depression can contribute to suicidal thoughts, we know where suicidal thoughts can lead us to.

We need to prevent it.

We need to stop it.

We need to know that cyberbullying is not a joke.

If you are attacked by someone online, report them. Take real action. Take a screenshot of their account and hateful comments, tell someone whom you trust about it, don't keep it to yourself.

Remember that those bullies behind the computers are as bad as those at school. Stay safe.