Creating our future

Quote

If, like me, you want to honor that long-standing promise to the next generation that they will inherit a better world than we did, then this essay might give you a little bit of hope. Because change is not only possible - it has started.

Admittedly the context of change and modification of our world is not easy peasy neither rosy. Tax-dodging corporations, attacks on refugees, populism, intolerance, extremism, billions of people in poverty or 'just about managing', droughts, wildfires, floods, etc. are all causing so much of trouble to millions of people all around this tiny world. 

The children today will become men and women. They will have a world in their hands that has been passed down from us. Will we be able to say that we have left this world better than we found it?
Every day it seems that the media reports incidents of terrorism, crime and aggression. The tragic stories of death and bloodshed enter our homes on a daily basis if we let it. All over the world, climate change, environmental destruction, financial crises, and the widening gap between rich and poor are spreading insecurity and fear. How are we going to solve it all?

I have two solutions for our crisis: Unity consciousness and innovation.

Unity consciousness stands for absolute equality and working together for a common purpose of abundance. It follows the natural order of things in total harmony with nature, our planet and all of creation.

We all talk about how the World War III is going to occur soon. Now let‘s imagine. Even if humans manage to avoid a nuclear stand-off over the next thousand years, our fate on this planet is still pretty much certain. Many of our biological shortcomings like aging, disease, feeble memories to name a few are difficult to overcome, and to do so will require advanced tools. Developing tools during the face of this adversity is a great challenge for the collective problem-solving capacities of our species. So what do we need for the emergence of these tools? Innovation.

Innovation has been the main task of humans throughout history. To survive and improve the quality of life, continuous innovation efforts have been imperative. All major revolutionary waves of human history – agricultural, industrial, information, and now convergence – are all about innovation for creating new and better value. But the purpose of innovation is much more profound than just creating an environment for better quality of life. The ultimate goal of innovation should be the creation of a better future.
This is where the word smart‘ comes into the picture. The term ―smart has been used widely nowadays, for example, smartphones, smart cars, smart homes, smart infrastructure, smart cities, smart countries, and the like. The term ―smart represents the concept of hope and aspiration that depends on a person's perspective. Our concept of smart should be about being intelligent, proactive, purposeful, aspirational, and goal-oriented in applying innovative ideas to achieve a desired future. In the contemporary society, people face numerous complex problems and difficult decisions. The smart future must try to become an aspirational goal for most people and society.

Actions matter. If we don‘t tackle the issues we collectively face, the world will be a poorer place and the future for our children, grandchildren and great grandchildren will be impaired. We have a collective responsibility to address pressing global problems and leave a positive legacy.

Quote