Let’s build a world where girls feel empowered!

Call for entries: Let’s build a world where girls feel empowered

This call for entries is closed!

Check out the ideas submitted by young people around the world here.

You may know that we are far from achieving gender equality. But maybe you don’t know that the situation of adolescent girls around the world is urgent. In different contexts, they are facing challenges to access their most basic rights, like education, information, or health. In many places they lack opportunities to thrive, and their voices are not being heard enough. 

UNICEF is taking action by promoting an adolescent girls’ strategy that focuses on health, learning, empowerment, nutrition and skills, and ensuring they are protected against all types of violence. And you can also take action to promote gender equality. 

This International Women’s Day, we want to invite our community to share your ideas: what do you do to feel empowered?  

How do you manage insecurity and self-doubt? What do you do to feel confident to raise your voice? Where does your strength come from? Maybe it’s by focusing on your abilities, getting support from your friends or family, being part of a community, working on your skills or working towards your goals.  

Share with us your tips and resources to feel empowered, so together we can think of new ways to build a world where girls' rights are upheld and their voices are heard. 

If you are between 13 and 24 years old and interested in promoting girls’ empowerment, we want to hear from you! 

How can you participate?

🙌 You can participate by sharing your idea here

💻 Register on voicesofyouth.org. Log into your existing profile or create one if you haven’t done it yet. If you are new to our site, here you can create an account and here’s the information on how to submit.  

✍🏼If you’d prefer to share a longer reflection (between 100 and 300 words), you can submit a blog post on our platform responding to these questions: what actions do you do to feel empowered? Make sure to include “#GirlPower” in the title and your first name, age, and country in the blog.

🗓️ Make sure to send your submission before March 1!

📢 Your ideas will be shared on our social media channels on March 8th, to invite others to imagine how we can feel a world where girls feel empowered. 

🙋🏾We will accept contributions from all members of our community, and we will highlight contributions from girls. Your contributions will be featured on our social media channels on International Women’s Day. 

👍  If you are above 24, we invite you to follow Voices of Youth on Instagram and Twitter, where we will publish the submissions on International Women’s Day, March 8th. 

Topic