Health

Using the power of creativity to stop mental health stigma

The COVID-19 pandemic has put the wellbeing of an entire generation at risk. Even before the pandemic, too many children and young people carried the burden of mental health conditions without any support. This must change. 

As part of our Youth Mediathon, a group of young people worked with UNICEF to create a series of videos, reminders and quote cards for young people, aiming to facilitate conversations mental health.

Talking about your own wellbeing often with people you trust and encouraging them to do the same can help break down the shame and stigma that often prevents people from getting the professional help they may need. Feel free to use and share the resources below with your friends and loved ones.

DAILY REMINDERS

Mental Health conversations
The first step to breaking the stigma surrounding mental health problems is by talking about them. Ask a friend today: What’s really on your mind?
Social Media reminder
The uncertainty of the COVID-19 pandemic has and will affect you and your loved ones in different ways and at different times. If today is a bad day for you, don’t suffer on your own, reach out to someone you trust and let them know what’s on your mind.
Anna Duras
Anna Duras
Anna Duras
Anna Duras
Anna Duras
Anna Duras
Anna Duras
Anna Duras
Anna Duras

STRESS RELIEF

MEET THE TEAM

Vladyslava Vertogradska

Vlada is a 20-year-old content creator from Ukraine. Since she was 12, she has been making different types of content to post on social media channels (videos on YouTube, digital art on Instagram). She likes to combine graphics with photography to create meaningful, aesthetic content.  

Anna Duras 

Anna is currently studying in the 11th grade at the Sheptytskyi Preparatory School in Ukraine, where she dreams of enrolling in the Computer Science major. She recently took part in Digital Challengers, an online course that helps young people speak about subjects that are important to them — including environmental activism, mental health and volunteer work — using social media such as YouTube and TikTok. Anna launched a video blog, Niura Will Show, aimed at people who want to learn sign language and communicate using it.

Ankitha Shreya Prasad 

This 17-year-old from India is the creator behind of Art.Skill.Passion. Ankitha is also a state level chess player, trained classical Bharathnatyam Dancer and self-learnt Western and K-Pop dancer. She uses content creation on social media to raise awareness and educate others about important issues. 

Oana Manițiu 

Oana is a 16-year-old from Romania who loves writing, debating and advocate for the issues she cares about. She's currently involved in multiple projects and initiatives based on promoting children’s rights (including taking part in UNICEF Romania's Children’s Board, public health, protecting the environment and shaping a stronger European Union. 

Kadidja Ibrahim Seyni 

Kadidja is a project management student at African Development University from Niger, and the associate Manager of Ardalyndeve, a fashion enterprise. Kadidja dreams of a world where women and children fully enjoy their rights, and the empowerment of young girls is no longer needed. 

Olha Kryzhanovska

Olha, 21, has been dreaming of a job in the media since the tenth grade. Originally from Ukraine, she created the YouTube channel Youth Pro, which she uses to inspire other young people concerned about similar issues. She also talks about finding ourselves and making ideas happen, and interviews people who have managed to find a job they love.

Muskaan Khanduri 

Muskaan is a 17-year-old artist from India. She has painted since as long as she can recall, and also has a degree in dance. She has an art account on Instagram, where she shares her work. She loves socializing and considers content creation as a very important part of her life.

Topic