Are you looking to sharpen your advocacy & storytelling skills?

Voices of Youth is all about blogging, filming, interviewing, storytelling and being a changemaker...Below you can find some easy-to-use tools that can help to sharpen your multimedia, communication and advocacy skills.

The Convention on the Rights of the Child: The children’s version

The United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child is an important agreement by countries who have promised to protect children’s rights. 

The Convention on the Rights of the Child explains who children are, all their rights, and the responsibilities of governments. All the rights are connected, they are all equally important and they cannot be taken away from children. 

Download the child friendly version of the Convention on the Rights of the Child and it's resource toolkit.

Resource Type
Advocacy
Topic

The Lazy Person's Guide to Saving the World

End extreme poverty. Fight inequality and injustice. Fix climate change. Whoa. The Sustainable Development Goals are important, world-changing objectives that will require cooperation among governments, international organizations and world leaders. It seems impossible that the average person can make an impact. Should you just give up?

No! Change starts with you. Seriously. Every human on earth—even the most indifferent, laziest person among us—is part of the solution.  Fortunately, there are some easy things we can adopt into our routines that, if we all do it, will make a big difference.

Have a look at just a few of the many things you can do to make an impact! 

Resource Type
Advocacy

Youth Advocacy Guide (Portuguese)

The Youth Advocacy Guide has been developed by people of varying ages, with different lived experiences, and a passion for change. It was created through an extensive consultative process, which brought together the voices of young people from various parts of Africa. This guide will take you through the processes of fact-finding, planning, engaging with policy, building momentum, and making individual lifestyle choices.

Download the accompanying Youth Advocacy Guide Workbook

Access hi-res version of the guide

Resource Type
Advocacy

Youth Advocacy Guide - 2018 [ENG]

Access hi-res version of the guide

Resource Type
Advocacy

Youth Advocacy Guide HI-RES

HI-RES VERSION. ACCESS LOW-RES VERSION HERE.

Resource Type
Advocacy

Youth Advocacy Guide HI-RES (Portuguese)

HI-RES VERSION. ACCESS LOW-RES VERSION HERE.

Download the accompanying Youth Advocacy Guide Workbook

Resource Type
Advocacy