What does a better Europe for children & youth look like?

A young person sits with their back to the camera wearing a t-shirt with the words: Europe Kids Want

Children and young people are one of the region’s greatest assets. But too often their voices go unheard or they are excluded from decisions that affect their lives.

In May the European Parliament election will take place and UNICEF and partners have been working for months to ensure that the opinions and voices of children and young people - including those who are not old enough to vote yet - do not get left out of the discussions.

Check out what young Europeans have to say on issues like climate change and sustainability, online safety, employment, migration, diversity and tolerance - and what they want from their leaders.

Feeling inspired to add your voice? Check out the many ways you can get involved!

GET INVOLVED

1. Check out the blogs and videos we’ve shared and add your view.

2. Write a blog on Voices of Youth sharing your views. Tag it with EuropeKidsWant

3. If you’re under 18, participate in the Europe Kids Want survey

4. Follow #EuropeKidsWant on Twitter.

What do young people in Europe think about these key issues?

Young people taking part in a climate march

Young people are taking climate action, but are our leaders paying attention?

Pablo from Spain, shares how he's taking climate action and calls on those in power to take the issue far more seriously.

An image of people's arms and hands meeting in the center

Can travelling and studying increase tolerance?

Read Giulia's blog about the important role travel has played in helping her embrace the world.

A group of young people at a a three-day event which gathered young UNICEF volunteers and young migrants and refugees.

Can Europe be united in diversity?

Jacopo calls on everyone to do their part to support migrants and refugees arriving in Europe.

Letter blocks spell the word "Study". There are books in the background.

Does everyone in the EU have an equal opportunity to gain an education?

Read Mariana's take on why we won't address youth unemployment in Europe if we don't address inequality in education.

An image of the author speaking at an event.

We may not be able to vote, but we can participate

Konstantino's, founder of Teens4greece, shares his views on why more needs to be done to include children and young people in decisions that affect them.

Three people sit on stairs outside a building. One holds a laptop.

How do we fix the mismatch between education systems & the labour market?

All across Europe, young people feel that school does not prepare them for the future. Can anything be done about this? Krzysztof shares his views.

A little girl in a red jacket is carrying her toy elephant. She is at the Miratovac Refugee Aid Point with her family, who are walking behind her.

The migrant crisis: a danger for the European Union, or an opportunity to be human?

Matija from Croatia shares his views on how Europe responded to the recent refugee crisis.

A close-up of a plant

Save our planet - it's the only home we have

In the past, people loved and respected nature. But over time, says Antonija, we lost our way and began to focus too much on money and the pursuit of luxuries.

A phone with the YouTube logo

Online, things are not always as they seem

The digital world brings many opportunities, but Amine says, Europe's youngest internet users need more guidance and support to minimize the risks.

An image of the author.

Engaging, connecting, and empowering youth across Europe

Are you unsure about the European Union's programmes and initiatives for young people? Read Victoria's blog and find out.

Watch the Europe Kids Want videos

Topic