Human Rights

World Children's Day 2020: Join our #voicesofyouth illustration challenge!

Are you 13-24 years old and love drawing? Do you want to change the world? We’re looking for you! Together, we can reimagine a greener and more sustainable future, for every child.

In these times it is normal to feel you are no longer in control of your future, and to be uncertain about your next steps in life. We invite you to reimagine and draw the world you want to live in after COVID-19 as part of our World Children's Day #voicesofyouth challenge.

Pick a cause that matters to you, create an original illustration that shows the world you want to build... and post it on your own Instagram account or submit it through Voices of Youth! In the caption, explain what inspired you to create this drawing, why this issue matters to you or how you want to contribute to build a better world for children.  

Reimagining the world is our new challenge and we want to invite you to be a part of it! 

For example, you can:  

· Reimagine a greener and more sustainable world  

· Reimagine the future of wellbeing and mental health 

· Reimagine the future of education and work  

· Reimagine a future without discrimination  

· Other children’s rights or development issues that are important to you 

We will highlight some illustrations in our Instagram account and other UNICEF channels to commemorate World Children’s Day on November 20th!  

GIF with the content creation process by @sara.nzt

HOW TO JOIN

As World Children’s Day approaches, we invite you to draw your interpretation of the world you want to build after COVID-19 and submit your drawings through our Voices of Youth website, following these steps. We will share some of the illustrations here and in our @voicesofyouth account.

You can also post it on your Instagram or Twitter account with the hashtag #voicesofyouth. Remember we can only see the illustration if your account is public, but make sure you understand the pros and cons of having your social media account public and check our guide on online safety. Due to recent changes in the way Instagram shows hashtag-related content, it may take us longer to see and review your illustrations on this app.

Content creation process by @mahshid.ghaderi

YOUR ILLUSTRATIONS

ABOUT WORLD CHILDREN'S DAY

World Children’s Day was first established in 1954 as Universal Children's Day and is celebrated on 20 November each year to promote international togetherness, awareness among children worldwide, and improving children's welfare. 

November 20th is an important date as it is the date in 1959 when the UN General Assembly adopted the Declaration of the Rights of the Child.

It is also the date in 1989 when the UN General Assembly adopted the Convention on the Rights of the Child.

Mariam Beirouty
Topic