VOY Blogging Internship

The Voices of Youth blogging internship offers young people aged 14­-24 an opportunity to develop their writing, research and critical thinking skills and allows them to connect with other engaged young people around the world in global dialogue.

During the internship, interns are supervised by VOY Community Managers, who provide tips and tricks on how to write good blog posts.

Upon successful completion of the internship, interns receive a certificate of merit by UNICEF ­ definitely a great addition to any CV!

The most recent group of interns has just started their blogging journey - feel free to browse through their blog posts below!

If you are interested to be part of the blogging internship yourself, stay tuned for the announcement of the next round of blogging internships, presumably starting at the end of 2016.

In the meanwhile, don’t forget to follow us on Facebook and Twitter!

Turning The Last Page

There’s a special atmosphere that reading a novel creates. An atmosphere that makes it possible...

It’s the end of a chapter, not of the book

I’m bad at goodbyes so I’m not going to make this one. It is the end of a chapter in my life b...

The Journey to a Milestone

Milestones. I always had a bit of a problem with milestones because I had this conviction about th...

Inspire with Waithira Kinyanjui: Questions of Life

We walk around every day, past hawkers selling their wares, newspaper vendors, taxi men, our neigh...

Inspire! - By My Own Standards

After spending some time wondering who the best person to feature here was, I realised that the be...

Based on a true story

Never give up on the tiniest ray of hope. On repeat. But it doesn’t always work out that way. My Grandpa was one of those people you would definitely feel delighted to meet, they say. Although I never met him, I hear stories about him that make me wish I was there every single time. He...

This is Not the End

Seeing is believing, but that’s just your point of view. There are several viewpoints that can b...

A Trip to Konya

Konya is a city in Turkey, where the Persian poet Jalaluddin Rumi is buried. Be it a mon...

Inspire! With Nora Ed-Daoui – dare to dream

‘The youth of today are the leaders of tomorrow’ – Nelson Mandela. 21-year old Nora Ed-D...

Social Stigma

Today we will insert a new word in our vocabulary: Stigma. Stigma: a scar left by a hot iron: br...