VOY Blogging Internship

Read the latest posts from the Voices of Youth blogging interns – a group of passionate young people from all around the world. The 6-month VOY blogging internship sees the interns posting once a week on a range of youth and development related topics – from climate change and unemployment, to bullying and peer-pressure. The internship aims to give the selected participants an opportunity to not only have their voices heard, but to learn from and inspire others.

Children's Hackathon: innovation shapes children's lives

We can no longer turn a blind eye to a viral disease breaking out in distant West Africa; we can n...

Achieving Food Security in Times of Crisis

We observed “International Food Day” on 16th October. This year theme of the day was “Family Farming – Feeding the World, Caring the Earth”. Family farming helps in achieving food security by eradicating hunger, improving livelihoods, achieving sustainability etc. In this moder...

Convention of the Rights and Responsibilities of the Child

I had a read through the Convention on the Rights of the Child before writing this post and thought it was missing something. With rights comes responsibilities and that should be acknowledged in the Convention. It is correct that children should be have a right to a family, education, healt...

Today, I voted for the first time in my life.

“Today, I voted for the first time in my life.” This was my first tweet on the 26th of October...

How I would end electoral fraud as president

I guess many of you when you were younger, asked yourselves what would you solve and how if you we...

A message from a concerned citizen!

I once said: “Dans l'histoire des grandes nations, y a de bons temps et y a de mauvais temps, y...

Are children better off now than they were 25 years ago?

Are children better off now than they were 25 years ago? The answer is a resounding yes. The conve...

Voices of Youth Inspire! When work means helping others

Roxana is a girl I met not long ago, but who has had an impact on me that others have not in years...

Paul Collier’s The Bottom Billion

If you are up for a classic that analyses critical issues in development policy and economics, you should read The Bottom Billion by Paul Collier. What stands out for me in the book are the relevance of some issues broached for the present, the elaborate development instruments-including...

Ebola: How selfish can we be?

There are people behind the numbers. There is devastation as Ebola outbreak is ravaging communitie...