VOY Blogging Internship

Read the latest posts from the Voices of Youth blogging interns – a group of passionate young people from all around the world. The 6-month VOY blogging internship sees the interns posting once a week on a range of youth and development related topics – from climate change and unemployment, to bullying and peer-pressure. The internship aims to give the selected participants an opportunity to not only have their voices heard, but to learn from and inspire others.

Earth Overshoot Day 2014

Today is Earth Overshoot Day in 2014. This means that humanity has consumed in almost 8 months w...

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xap1/t31.0-8/s720x720/10549265_700685736647376_1809865485359025340_o.jpg

Source: https://www.facebook.com/UNICEFSriLanka/photos/a.247131832002771.58114.183150725...

#Photography for Storytelling

An open invitation to all enthusiasts! Join UNICEF Sri Lanka at this event announcing the 3rd...

Still Alive!

Hey guys! This post is just to assure you that I am still alive and well (: I have been pretty busy with exams. I'm writing my last exam for the term tomorrow so I'm looking forward to posting with more frequency! Things I'm happy about this week: 1) The "re-boot" of Interne...

Forum Theatre: a tool in social development

I want to talk to you today about taking action and making changes. We all know most of the proble...

Non-Communicable Diseases: Obesity in Developing Countries

In the late 1900s, health organizations focused on malnutrition, hunger, and the lack of food for...

Do one thing! AVOID PLASTIC BAGS

Youths are the most responsible age group of the world. About one fifth of the world’s populatio...

What matters most to youth? Part 1

When I sent out the question, “What matters most to the youth in Nigeria?” I thought I already...

Eyes set on the future

"You are the future"- How many times have you heard that sentence? We have been told that we are n...

What the Communists forgot

Community owned property. Collective contribution. Equal wealth distribution. And Justice For All....

We're Just Under a Little Stress

Here are some of the things I learned from school. Like how sometimes, school counsellors will ask...