VOY Blogging Internship

Read the latest posts from the Voices of Youth blogging interns – a group of passionate young people from all around the world. The 6-month VOY blogging internship sees the interns posting once a week on a range of youth and development related topics – from climate change and unemployment, to bullying and peer-pressure. The internship aims to give the selected participants an opportunity to not only have their voices heard, but to learn from and inspire others.

Fed Up

I recently watched a very interesting documentary film by the producer of An Inconvenient Truth ca...

INDIAN OCEAN SOCIALIST- LOCAL HERO TO MANY

LOCAL HERO: France Albert Rene A blog post will never do justice to this man but I will do my...

LGBT Rights in Asia

The recent wedding between a senior British diplomat to his male partner in Beijing has instigated...

Youth inclusion in governance: #30PercentOrNothing vs. #30PercentForWe...

Many Nigerians have, in recent months, decried the low level of participation of the youth in governance. The issue has become a trending topic both online and offline but this did not just happen in an instant. During a national conference earlier this year, a coalition of youths brough...

FEMEN. Have you heard of it?

Have you heard about such an organization as FEMEN? I would like you not to have. I will explain w...

CRC@25

The United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child (CRC), is a treaty ratified by a almost a...

Adopting Global Warming

Decades of climate change brings risks that people will accept higher temperatures, with more heat waves, downpours & draughts as ‘normal’ & complicate government plans to do more to cut greenhouse gas emissions. “Because the last three decades have seen such a significant ri...

Feminisms

Deviating from the prompt of '2 Lives 2 Miles Apart', this post examines two generalized views of...

Helping young talent blossom - Art Fusion 2014

In many posts I have done previously on VoY, I have brought to you stories of youth initiatives an...