Tools

You can help end bullying

Bullying - online and offline - affects thousands of children and young people around the world. Voices of Youth has developed this short video to spread the message that every child and young person has a role to play in ending bullying.

Tackling cyberbullying

The Internet has made it easy for bullies to spread rumors and harass people, because they can keep their identities hidden. If you are receiving hurtful texts from someone, or if they are trying to embarrass you by posting lies online, you’re not alone.

The power of social media for social good

Are there issues in your community that you think need urgent attention? Do you want to tell people about an important cause, but pamphlets aren’t working?

Youth of South Africa online

Have you ever wondered what young people in other countries like to do online? Find out about access and use, and learn about the most popular activities for young South Africans.

Resources

Connected Dot Com: Young People’s Navigation of Online Risks (South Africa)

Based on focus group discussions conducted across South Africa, this report explores how children and young people navigate online risks and makes recommendations on how policy makers, caregivers and schools can help build the resilience of young internet users.

Download

Digital and social media use and habits among adolescents in Kenya

Based on focus group discussions with 130 young people aged between 12 and 17 In Kenya, the report moves beyond establishing the latest figures and rates for usage, and focuses on understanding the behavior and motivations that drive use of digital and social media among adolescents in Kenya.

Download

From ‘What’s your ASLR’ to ‘Do you wanna go private?

This report focuses on South Africa and presents the results of a quantitative survey conducted on MXit, the most widely used social networking platform in the country.

Download

Youth of Turkey online

This exploratory paper is a literature review that analyses the existing information and research available about Internet use and online safety in Turkey, examining the role of the Internet in the lives of Turkish children and young people.

Download

Indonesian Youth online

This report examines the importance of social media and other digital tools in the lives of Indonesian youth.

Download

The RuNet Generation

This exploratory paper is a literature review that analyses the existing information and research available about Internet use and online safety in Russia, examining the role of the Internet in the lives of children.

Download

The UaNet Generation

This exploratory paper is a literature review that analyses the existing information and research available about Internet use and online safety in Ukraine, examining the role of the Internet in the lives of children.

Download

South African mobile generation

This exploratory paper is a literature review that analyses the existing information and research available about Internet use and online safety in South Africa, examining the role of the Internet in the lives of children.

Download