Tools & Resources for Youths

The Youth Media Toolkit

You always wanted to take a really good photo, but didn't know how to? This guide will help you learn how to producing different types of media (photos, blogs, audio, etc.) and display them on Voices of Youth to share with the world!

Download

Guide to Action

Gather your friends and/or other young people that want to make an impact and follow this guide that will prepare you to take action, raise awareness on an issue and make a difference in your community!

Download

Action Plan

Use this template to identify the issue in your community that you would like to explore. Then follow the necessary steps to address the identified problem. By planning your tasks and activities properly, you will be able to voice your opinion and make a difference in your community!

Download

United Nations Student Leadership Conference on Development

Participating youth and teachers of the United Nations Student Leadership Conference on Development, download this document for instructions on how to create a post, login, register, and dates for the conference.

Download

Your Guide to Instagram & Vine on VOY

Learn how to record short videos to show your perspective on issues, opportunities and events in your community. Use this guide to get tips on how to shoot and upload Vine and Instagram videos!

Download

UNSLCD Plan of Action Resources

You have started your discussions on Connect for the UN Student Leadership Conferences. These resources will prepare you on how to begin turning your ideas on VOY Connect to the final draft in document form.

Download

Tools & Resources for Educators

Conduct Classroom or Club Debates

Debates are a great and efficient way of getting young people to think about local and global issues and turning complex questions into knowledge and informed opinions.

Download

Group Facilitation Tips

Tips for educators on how to manage group facilitation and efficiently teach outside the traditional classroom setting.

Download

Leading Connect Sessions

Step-by-Step guide for educators to conduct Connect sessions efficiently offline and online.

Download

Participatory Learning Methodologies

Introduction to 21st century education and group learning methodologies.

Download

Icebreakers and Warm-up Activities

A list of activities to be conducted before a session or during break time to make participants more comfortable and more engaged.

Download

Syria No Lost Generation Educators' Guide

As the crisis in Syria continues, and reaches its 3rd year, the US Fund for UNICEF provides us with a global citizenship brief which serves as a guide for educators and teachers when introducing this topic in their classroom. It includes background information of the conflict and discussion activities for adolescents.

Download Download