Education Transformers, the United Nations Girls' Education Initiative (UNGEI) wants to connect with you!
2020 is the year to step up action to transform education for gender equality and the other Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). It marks the twenty-fifth anniversary of the Fourth World Conference on Women and the adoption of the Beijing Declaration and Platform for Action (1995). We have 10 years left to achieve the SDGs and the only way to deliver is by partnering with youth.
12 August 2019 was International Youth Day and this year’s theme was Transforming Education. Education has the potential to be transformative. Yet not nearly enough people get to enjoy a quality education, let alone benefit from its gender transformative potential.
The UNGEI partnership launched the Transform Education Mission to help youth Education Transformer-led organisations and networks work together to accelerate action for gender equality in and through education by 2030.
Are you an Education Transformer?
Your organisation/network can join this mission if:
- You identify as a youth organisation/network.
- Your work includes efforts to progress gender equality in and through education (ie. CSE, ending period poverty, eliminating gender-based violence in schools etc.)
- You are committed to sustainable development.
- You can tell us what you want to transform about education and what is needed to make this transformation happen.
- You can commit for at least a year.
Education Transformers are determined to Get. Things. Done. And get them done sustainably.
Can you commit to joining the mission? Sign up in the link below.
And learn more about UNGEI here.