Are you looking to sharpen your advocacy & storytelling skills?

Voices of Youth is all about blogging, filming, interviewing, storytelling and being a changemaker...Below you can find some easy-to-use tools that can help to sharpen your multimedia, communication and advocacy skills.

Engaged and heard! Guidelines on Adolescent Participation and Civic Engagement

Spaces to form opinions!

Channels to voice them!

Audiences to listen!

Influence on decisions!

That’s what it takes for participation to be meaningful!

Learn more in the new “ENGAGED AND HEARD! Guidelines on Adolescent Participation and Civic Engagement.” 

These Guidelines are intended to support the design of meaningful and equitable Adolescent Participation and Civic Engagement. They provide information on the ‘why’, ‘what’ and ‘how-to’ of adolescent participation and civic engagement.

The main sections include guidance on: Conceptual understanding, Main strategies and key interventions , Organizational commitment and processes, and Monitoring and evaluation. The appendices provide sector-specific guidelines for adolescent participation in: Health, WASH, Nutrition and HIV; Education; Child protection, care and justice; Disaster risk reduction, climate change and environmental protection; and Peacebuilding and humanitarian response.

Resource Type
Advocacy

2022 UNICEF Youth Advocacy Guide Training Materials

The materials below are designed to be used to host a highly interactive virtual training and support 9 hours (three 3-hour modules) of content. Clicking on the links will prompt you to create your own copy of a Training Script (a google doc) and a Collaborative Workspace for participants (in google slides). Each training must reflect the group that is hosting it, as well as the participants’ backgrounds and hopes. Please adapt these materials to make the slides and content your own. Feel free to share your improvements with the UNICEF Team that will continue to update these materials.

These resources are being consistently updated. Return here for the most up to date versions.

Access the training facilitation guide here

Access the collaborative workspace here

Young advocates interacting online on different devices

Make sure to download the full UNICEF Youth Advocacy Guide for more information.

Available in English.

[Coming soon in Arabic, French, Spanish and Portuguese!]

Interested in doing advocacy? Read more about how you can champion change through advocacy here!

Also have a look at the Youth Advocacy Resources Hub for more tips, tricks and tools to help you along your advocacy journey!

Resource Type
Advocacy
Topic

2022 UNICEF Youth Advocacy Guide [ENG]

Download your copy of the 2022 UNICEF Youth Advocacy Guide here:

Download your copy of the 2022 UNICEF Youth Advocacy Guide Workplan here:

(this file is the main editable workplan)

(this file is the main printable workplan)

Youth participation signs

You can also host your own advocacy training! Download the training guide and collaborative workspace here.

Resource Type
Advocacy
Topic

A digital ideas platform to support child-focused SDG

The Global Development Commons (GDC) is an open-access digital platform that aims to crowdsource evidence and innovations from young people in support of achieving the Sustainable Development Goals.

The inspiration behind the platform is to create a space for cross-sectorial discussion and problem-solving driven by young people themselves. It is publicly accessible for anyone to contribute and to use it! Governments, policy makers, programme specialists, frontline workers as well as to students, professors, and researchers are highly encouraged to look to this platform for creative and innovative solutions to improving the conditions and communities for young people.

Watch the official launch video, featuring global advocates including UNICEF’s Executive Director Henrietta Fore and our global GDC youth champions, to learn more about the platform. Help spread the awareness of this platform by sharing it with your youth networks, colleagues and any interested parties – and remember to use it yourself as well!”

Resource Type
Advocacy

Adolescent Kit for Expression and Innovation

While schools and other institutions are planning phased openings soon, disruptions are likely to continue for some time to come, emphasizing the need for remote learning and expression opportunities for adolescents.

Providing adolescents with such opportunities to build healthy and positive relationships with their peers, friends and family members is an important priority for adolescents’ mental health during lockdowns.  

Check this package of activities that can be self-administered to promote psychosocial wellbeing and learn new skills in times of stress and while staying at home. The target group of the resource package is adolescents aged 10-19 years. 

Resource Type
Advocacy