Are you looking to sharpen your advocacy & storytelling skills?

Voices of Youth is all about blogging, filming, interviewing, storytelling and being a changemaker...Below you can find some easy-to-use tools that can help to sharpen your multimedia, communication and advocacy skills.

Adolescent Kit for Expression and Innovation

While schools and other institutions are planning phased openings soon, disruptions are likely to continue for some time to come, emphasizing the need for remote learning and expression opportunities for adolescents.

Providing adolescents with such opportunities to build healthy and positive relationships with their peers, friends and family members is an important priority for adolescents’ mental health during lockdowns.  

Check this package of activities that can be self-administered to promote psychosocial wellbeing and learn new skills in times of stress and while staying at home. The target group of the resource package is adolescents aged 10-19 years. 

Resource Type
Advocacy

Child Friendly Cities - Child and Youth Manifesto

UNICEF/Wogram

Photo credit: UNICEF/Wogram

What would child-friendly cities look like, if children were mayors? Check this Child and Youth Manifesto, a document that reflects the words and expressions of the children and young people, to find out.  

The Child Friendly Cities Initiative (CFCI) Child and Youth Advisory Board, consisting of almost 70 children and young people from around the world, shared this Manifesto and their recommendations with mayors and local leaders at a Summit in the German city of Cologne on 18 October 2019.

Read the manifesto here (pdf)

También disponible en español 

What would your city look like if you were the mayor? Share your thoughts or using the hashtag #VoicesOfYouth on social media.

Resource Type
Advocacy