How to submit content on Voices of Youth

Do you want to change the world? ✔️

Are you between 13 and 24? ✔️

Do you believe young people ARE MAKING A DIFFERENCE, each and every day? ✅✅✅

Then Join Voices of Youth, UNICEF's community FOR YOUTH, BY YOUTH! ✊

You can submit original blogs (like interviews, poems, personal stories, illustrations or photo essays...) and sparks (tiny flashes of positivity).

You will need to create an account on Voices of Youth first. Having an account not only allows you to submit your own content, but also to follow the issues you care about and other young authors that inspire you! You can create your account here.

We also have Voices of Youth in Spanish, Arabic and French!

© UNICEF/UN0199053/Noorani

Now that you have an account and you're ready to submit your content, we have a few tips for you:

1. Make sure you read our Quality & Engagement Guidelines carefully before you start. This way you'll know exactly what kind of content we're looking for.

2. When you're working on your draft we highly recommend doing that in a Word document or somewhere else that doesn't rely on an internet connection. And don't forget to save as soon as you start! ✍️

3. There are many types of blogs that you can submit to Voices of Youth: personal stories, fiction, interviews, poems or write-ups on topics that you've researched. You can use photos, graphics, gifs and videos to make them more interesting and exciting for your readers. 

4. For those of you used to the old Voices of Youth platform, the new one may take a little getting used to. Although the submission form is different, it also allows you to do so much more!

© UNICEF/UN036668/Sharma

5. When you're happy with your text and you want to submit it, make sure you have all your images, links, captions, etc. ready too (Read more about sourcing images here).

6. Once you've submitted your blog, it will be reviewed by a Voices of Youth Community Manager before it is published. In case it needs a bit more work you'll receive feedback and recommendations on how to improve it.

7. If you need some more guidance, check out the Blogging 101 and Blogging 201.

8. Once it's published, remember to use the hashtag #voicesofyouth and tag us on your social media accounts to share your content, so more people can find it.

9. If you are an illustrator or designer and prefer to share your art through Instagram, you can tag our account @voicesofyouth and use our hashtag. We will review the submissions and share a selection in our account. Remember to follow the same engagement rules. We want to keep VoY a safe and positive platform for all! 

Tags