UNV and UNICEF Youth Advocates Programme

A banner for the programme with an image of a young woman

April 2018

The Youth Advocates programme, developed by UNICEF in partnership with United Nations Volunteers Programme, offers young people between the ages of 18 and 24 an avenue to act as agents of change. A total of 38 national and 12 international vacancies are available for 2018 - 2019 in 33 different countries across the UNICEF network.

Through a one-year UN Youth Volunteer placement in UNICEF country offices, young people will have the opportunity to work on youth participation and youth engagement projects that make a difference for every child.

The volunteer assignment promises to be a transformational experience for the Youth Advocates as they undergo a customized learning plan that includes:

• Global Induction and Orientation
  • On-the-job Learning
  • Online Learning Opportunities
  • Professional Career Coaching Sessions
  • And many more!

The programme is part of UNICEF's ongoing efforts to support young people and children as agents of change through participation and engagement.

Eligibility criteria:

- Must be aged between 18 and 24

- Must have completed secondary education

- Must have demonstrated a commitment to peace and development through academic, extra-curricular and volunteer activities

- Must have a working knowledge of English

- Youth with disabilities and youth from minority groups are highly encouraged to apply

For further information please visit the UNV website.

Topic