Inequality in health

Posted no picture KTG , Student

KTG

Two British epidemiologists – Richard Wilkinson and Kate Picket – published in March 2009: “The Spirit Level: Why more equal societies almost always do better”. Why equality is better for everyone, the idea of this book came with a revolutionary logic. Wilkinson and Picket linked directly the major health and social problems to levels of income inequality through a scientific analysis of the richest countries in the world. People living in unequal societies were a several t...

The Mauritius Wildlife foundation is committed to education and raising awareness as core components of conservation of the biodiversity. Although we participate in a wide range of educational initiatives, our main focus is to promote the environmental awareness among young people. Awareness for the protection of the environment should start at home. A child learns his first lesson of cleanliness , water and power consumption, gardening and other issues from home. Educate an...

Eurasian Ideologies and Balance

Posted no picture Kaan Kabalak , English Literature Student

no picture English Literature Student
Kaan Kabalak

Eurasian Ideologies and Balance As someone who has always had a somewhat pro-western stand, I have never defended the Eurasian ideologies. But for some countries, for example Russia, Eurasian mindset is the only mindset that can be effectively adopted. Such countries must maintain a state of balance between the traditional European and Asian mindsets to achieve the goal of creating the best Eurasian state available in the world. A Eurasian leader must protect his/her country fr...

At the Climate Negotiations Table: More Women In, Oil Companies Out

Posted no picture Roy Joseph Roberto , Youth Ambassador of Goodwill, Ship for Southeast Asian and Japanese Youth Program

no picture Youth Ambassador of Goodwill, Ship for Southeast Asian and Japanese Youth Program
Roy Joseph Roberto

Climate change has undoubtedly become a global priority issue that threatens us all. However, for women and girls, especially those whose livelihood is largely dependent on natural resources—securing food and water, growing crops, and the like—the impact of a changing climate can only be more devastating. According to the United Nations, women are more likely to die than men when a disaster strikes. As in the case of the 2004 Indian Ocean earthquake, 70% of the death toll w...

Don't Live in The Past, Neither in The Future

Posted no picture Tiara Putri

no picture Tiara Putri

Several months ago, I had to deal with anxiety and was absorbed by many thoughts of it. Constantly, I reflected about the regrets of things that should have been done and should not have. I kept thinking about the past and distressing about the future. I blamed myself for being me, the me who has achieved nothing in her first two years of uni. At that time, I was messed up real bad and things got worse due to the lack support from my surroundings. I had no one to talk to, no one to...

Procrastination

Posted no picture Angela Vinot , Student.

no picture Student.
Angela Vinot

Hello there, I think that if you are reading this it is because you found the topic familiar or you have heard it before. But, do we really know the meaning of the word? According to the Cambridge dictionary, it means: The act of delaying something that must be done, often because it is unpleasant or boring. Now that we have the definition of the word, we realize that we all have done it at least once by leaving that big project or essay for the night before its due date or b...

WHAT GIRLS SHOULD WEAR?

Posted no picture Yeshna

no picture Yeshna

Just like every morning, I was scrolling down Facebook and reading the news when all of a sudden, among all the news on terrorism, politics, murder, an article on A boys' school tell women what to wear ,caught my attention. Can you believe it? Well ,let me tell you why I was red with anger. Can you see this picture above? The one with lots of tick and cross .The poster actually shows 16 pictures of women in a variety of outfits, and it is in fact a notice to women about what t...

In my educated opinion

Posted no picture Notsile Nkambule

no picture Notsile Nkambule

As a university graduate my biggest fear is being asked by a first year student about the bright future and life post graduation. It's not that I don't have answers, or that I happen to be shy but I can't stomach that sparkle of hope in their eyes dying with every word of my response. I know our paths as people are not carved out the same and the same applies to the blessings that life itself throws our way. I also know that I am a terrible liar who flinches and blinks way too much...

Tunisia's Next Step

Posted no picture Matthew Herskowitz , Mr.

no picture Mr.
Matthew Herskowitz

The Arab Spring redefined the meaning of a revolution in the 21st Century. In 2011, a crescendo of demonstrations and protests ranging from the subtlety of picket signs to the severity of mass killings plunged 16 nations into near chaos and social upheaval. All of them have been considered failures. Except one. Tunisia underwent its formal “Arab Spring” in December of 2010, when demonstrations and popular instability threatened to destroy the regime of’ Zine el-Abedin Ben A...

VOY across the world