Trash dumped in some areas of Kitwe - Climate Mapping

Posted September 2, 2014 no picture Luckson_VOYMaps_Zambia

no picture Luckson_VOYMaps_Zambia View Profile

From an anti-hill to a trench and finally a man made hill of garbage. Waste disposal is of the major environmental problems that many residents of Kitwe go through, And only a few of the residents know how to manage their waste/garbage. For the past 2 years people of this township have been dumping their garage at this site illegally the images will show the exact location of this dump site in Ipusukilo Township in Kitwe, before this place become a dumping site it was an anti...

A State of Mind During Exam Time

Posted September 2, 2014 no picture PoonamVOY

no picture PoonamVOY View Profile

Yesterday I took a pen & paper to write an exciting & informative article about some global issues which I intended to post in VOY blogging page but lot of topics mingled in my mind & finally I decided not to write about them & instead to write about my own state of mind during the exam time. It is an exam time now; the days of most hard work in whole semester. The only topic that runs on my mind during the exam time is to study hard so as to achieve good marks; h...

Challenged by fear of the unkown

Posted September 1, 2014 no picture Moonga

no picture Moonga View Profile

Your name: Brighton Mukupa Kaoma Your age: 20 Where are you originally from and where do you currently live? I’m born and bred Zambian, grew up in the mining town of Kitwe, and currently living in Lusaka which is the capital city of Zambia. According your business card – what is your job title? I am a UNICEF Youth Ambassador and currently serving as Zambia In-Country Coordinator for the Voices of Youth Connect-a UNICEF global network for in-school and out-of-sch...

Between opulence and poverty

Posted September 1, 2014 Avatar paola.suarez

Avatar paola.suarez View Profile

Hi everyone!, if you´ve read any of my posts you might already know I live in Chile but I am Colombian. This week's post topic brought me back to the harsh inequality reality highly present here but a lot more directly noticeable there back in my country. Since I am not there I´m not going to portrait a particular case but I will introduce you to 2 different realities coexisting at a bare minimum distance. So I´m from Barranquilla, where it´s summer all year long pretty muc...

The Results and a confession.

Posted August 31, 2014 no picture Artemis B.

no picture Artemis B. View Profile

So...My results were announced on Wednesday. I woke up really early, since I was so nervous & curious to find out if I made it. But, deep down, I had a feeling that I didn't pass to the university I had as a second choice, after journalism. But what I would see was the last thing I could imagine... I didn't pass. Anywhere... I froze...I couldn't believe it. ''Not even a single one?'' I thought. I was sad and angry. I was prepared for it, but when it happens, it’s a litt...

The Terrorist's Daughter - A book review

Posted August 30, 2014 Avatar Thamara Kandabada

Avatar Thamara Kandabada View Profile

I used to be quite an avid reader ever since I can recall. I was in the habit of reading through everything I could get my hands on. I often sat up long hours reading - even went to the extent of missing out on my school homework because it was quite impossible for me to put aside a good book once I started reading. I was often "branded" a boring kid, because I preferred staying indoors and reading, over the stuff that most kids my age used to do. After all, I was born an introvert...

My Conclusion-What matters most to youth?

Posted August 30, 2014 no picture Ma'Reke

no picture Ma'Reke View Profile

If you are wondering what I am concluding, kindly check the first two posts here and here. It is great to know that our youth know what changes to expect and demand from our leaders for the benefit of society and national prosperity. After listening and interacting with many young people like myself, I have come up with some wrap-up points-or words of wisdom, like the older people say it here. I hope many youths find invaluable advice in these words. 1. Education is not...

Your Health; Your Responsibility

Posted August 30, 2014 no picture Angélique Pouponneau

no picture Angélique Pouponneau View Profile

The theme in the Seychelles for health is “your health, your responsibility.” The health care system in the Seychelles caters for access to health care for everyone. The largest proportion of the government’s budget is given to the Ministry of Health to cater for the health care of the local population. It became clear that free health care is an expensive expenditure for the government. So combined with the budget was the theme your health, your responsibility in an attemp...

Is smoking fair?

Posted August 29, 2014 Avatar MariaJoseCelis

Avatar MariaJoseCelis View Profile

This week im doing something a bit different, I'm going to write a poem, I decided to write a poem because I see a lot of articles and thought this would be contrasting. Is smoking fair? You light a cigarette And your lungs cry out Is smoking fair? You breathe in the cigarette While her parents cry out She's hooked up to a breathing machine Is smoking fair? You exhale the smoke She struggles She cant breathe Her lungs collap...