Posted by MischaVOY

Applications Are Now Open!

We're happy to announce that applications for the next round of VOY Blogging Internships are now ope...

My experience with service trips and volunteering

Posted Avatar Anagha , Student

Anagha

Service trips and volunteering are very important aspects of life. They are very important and each individual should make time to contribute to different world issues and concerns in hope for a better world. Many schools around the world offer optional service trip opportunities, and extra curricular activities that students can get involved in. You can also reach out to organizations and volunteer in your own time. However, it is up to you to enjoy, and make the most out of such an experience....

THE OUTSTANDING INFLUENCES OF MOTHER AFRICA

Posted no picture Deborah Adesewa Olajitan , Undergraduate

no picture Undergraduate
Deborah Adesewa Olajitan

On Africa’s land, our dreams are visualizedOn Africa’s land, our lives are definedOn Africa’s land, our strengths are replenishedOn Africa’s land, our tongues are loosenedOn Africa’s land, our homes are developedOn Africa’s land, our people are empoweredOn Africa’s land, our resources are discoveredOn Africa’s land, our foods are harvestedOn Africa’s land, our festivals are witnessedOn Africa’s land, our cultures are preservedOn Africa’s land, our stories are completedOn Africa’s land, we live o...

A Wish Come True

Posted no picture Priyasha.C , Student

Priyasha.C

Little did he know what he was going to experience or receive when he left his hospital quarter that day. Little did he know that that day wasn't an ordinary one, but one in which his wish would come true. I am talking about Mark, a 6-year-old boy with a kidney dysfunction, whose wish I was honored to fulfill. After getting in touch with the Make A Wish Foundation, my sister and I met up with little Mark and his mother. We had a great time in Art In Island. Though Mark was very shy and reserved...

A day to remember

Posted Avatar Anagha , Student

Anagha

This was a place my grandmother has repeatedly told me about. A place that I longed to go to, but had to wait till the time had come. Finally, when it was the summer of 2016, I went home to Kolkata, India. My grandmother then took me to this place she always talked about. A place, which very little like any other, changed my views on many aspects and taught me a great deal.This was a simple home. A home owned by a dedicated family rehabilitating abandoned, differently abled, and ill children. Up...

Songs That Unite

Posted no picture Priyasha.C , Student

Priyasha.C

The annual AMIS (Association of Music in International Schools) Gala concert was held in Jakarta Intercultural School from May 8th to 12th. I was honored to be one of the 6 girls chosen to travel from my school to JIS. The 6 months leading up to the Gala concert was full of hard work, dedication and passion. Every week I left rehearsal feeling very inspired by the beautiful repertoire we were learning and the way that I was improving. But for these 6 months, it was only me and 11 other students...

Exploring The Sangiran Early Man Site, Central Java

Posted no picture Alma Dhiafira , Student

Alma Dhiafira

“The number of early humans fossils found in Sangiran is more than ½ population of early humans fossils in the world” - Sangiran MuseumOn July 7th, 2017, I got a chance to visit the Sangiran Museum in Central Java. I’m kind of familiar with the word “Sangiran”. I’ve heard about that place couple times from my history books. Then, I found out that Sangiran Museum is a World Heritage place designated by UNESCO and it’s free to visit it. It makes me more eager to see that place with my own eyes.I w...

Educating climate change in SE Asia

Posted Avatar Mark John Dy Dayto , Mr.

Avatar Mr.
Mark John Dy Dayto

In light of the shift from traditional coal economy, Southeast Asia spurs a fine lead in using renewable energy since the region’s sub-economies rely mostly on agricultural production and natural resources.Most countries in the region are undeniably experiencing the same climate extremities with highly-observable effects on social institutions such as school. UNICEF’s research shown that almost 160 million children around the globe live in extremely humid areas and another 1 billion settle in po...

Strong is the new black

Posted Avatar Bella Pinera , Student

Bella Pinera

Trends come and go. That blouse you bought last season is passé and you now refuse to wear it. You then hit the ground running for the nearest department store or start to scour the web. Just like many woman, I do the same. As I was looking at Nordstrom's latest trends an advertisement popped up, “Strong is Stylish”. It was then that I realized I constantly found myself ransacking the web or magazines for the latest street style. Sure, gingham is great and who doesn’t dream of a Birkin bag? I a...

He's Gone

Posted Avatar Abeera Ejaz , Student

Abeera Ejaz

You need to know that it wasn't your mistake. You didn't ask for it. You didn't offer yourself to him. You wouldn't. You were and are full of innocence. You did every possible thing to wash him off of your body and your mind. You remember the longest shower that you took that night? Debating whether you should let the blade do it's magic or you should continue living with this misery and despondency. Let me tell you, you made the right choice, and that I'm so glad you're alive and reading this t...

VOY across the world