Education, Education, Education... The Power of Education

Posted October 24, 2014 no picture Children's Radio Foundation

Ebola: How selfish can we be?

Posted October 24, 2014 Avatar María Barba

Avatar María Barba View Profile

There are people behind the numbers. There is devastation as Ebola outbreak is ravaging communities across West Africa. The real problem is there, where resources and humanitarian aid are needed in the first place. (As an example, there are 10 ambulances for 500.000 people) The first cases of people that contracted Ebola outside West Africa have triggered all the alarms. And that has lead to a huge display in Europe and North America. The developed world had not planned an...

Advocacy for the Young

Posted October 23, 2014 no picture H4WinJC

no picture H4WinJC View Profile

They plead that you may for once; Understand them with honest kindness With futile prejudice you ignore them Before they even open up to you They have so many questions in life; Seeking someone's sincere listen Behind your mask not even your eyes; Are available for their unfeigned plea They open their mouths to cry louder; For someone to their tears benignly heed You block your ears hastily dubbing them The lost generation you in fear loathe...

STOP, not in my name!

Posted October 23, 2014 no picture GHEBOULI Zinelabidine

no picture GHEBOULI Zinelabidine View Profile

You must have heard about the awful news of the execution of the French hostage in Algeria a couple of weeks ago. In case you didn’t: a group of terrorists that supports ISIS (Islamic state in Iraq and Syria) slew a French tourist, the reason was too ridiculous “at least for me”, the terrorists simply did what they did to stop the French military air strikes against “ISIS”, they’re saying that France does not care at all about the Syrian or the Iraqi nation, and that th...

Youth Participation: What We Need

Posted October 23, 2014 Avatar Abdul Mufeez Shaheed

Avatar Abdul Mufeez Shaheed View Profile

Recently I have had the opportunity to chair 2 or 3 events (in Morocco) which deal with youth and their participation in the society. I was delighted yet surprised to see the level of enthusiasm that was shown by the participants. One of the event was an AIESEC- Morocco initiative called "Youth Leadership Day- Morocco in 10 years time". There were speakers from all backgrounds and nationalities who spoke on issues such as Women Empowerment, Ebola, Youths in Africa, Participatio...

What do you want to be in the future? A Career woman or a housewife?

Posted October 23, 2014 Avatar Aulia Maharani Karli

Avatar Aulia Maharani Karli View Profile

It’s been 4 months since the last time I posted my article on VOY. I’ve been feeling too busy going through my maturation process. I’m talking here as me, as what I’ve been feeling, how do I see myself and not based on someone’s feeling or point of view. As I’ve been growing up, there are so many things have changed in the way I see myself, from a teenage girl to a young woman, from the sensitive one to be more logical, concern of my body shape and changes also occur in...

"What will generations remember about youths of today?"

Posted October 23, 2014 no picture Moonga

no picture Moonga View Profile

50 years ago our forefathers fought hard until Zambia gained her independence from British rule. The question we the youths of today should be asking ourselves is “What is it that we are going to be remembered for 50 years from now?” or “How will future generations judge our today’s actions?” We the youths of today’s generation are faced with a lot of challenges ranging from unemployment, corruption, AIDS pandemic, adverse effects of climate change and others. Since w...

The ALS disease and a complaint.

Posted October 23, 2014 no picture Artemis B.

no picture Artemis B. View Profile

ALS:Also well-known as Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis or Lou Gehrig's disease, and rarely Charcot disease. According to Wikipedia,''ALS is a neurodegenerative disorder with various causes.It is characterised by muscle spasticity, rapidly progressive weakness due to muscle wasting. This results in difficulty speaking, swallowing, and breathing. The disease usually starts around the age of 60, except in cases that are directly inherited when the usual age of onset is around 50.The d...

Entrepreneurship: the best solution for unemployment

Posted October 22, 2014 Avatar Thamara Kandabada

Avatar Thamara Kandabada View Profile

For a nation to succeed, it is crucial that it’s people should be able to enjoy a decent life. Their purchasing power has to speak for the quality of life they enjoy. In achieving this, a major factor to be considered is the employability and the the employment status of the people. I think we all agree that the first group who should be prioritised in terms of employment is the youth. It is the youth who are employed who can contribute most effectively to the national economy an...