Published no picture Nancy Saili

no picture Nancy Saili

196 countries will this year meet to sign a new climate change agreement in Paris. This summit is being labeled the most important climate conference of the decade. As the December 2015 Paris summit draws near, it is evident that climate finance in increasingly vital to the success of a universal agreement to decarbonize the global economy . The French government is aiming for 20% of the overall budget of cop21 to be privately financed. As the deadline creeps even nearer, the org...

Let's Be the Change

Published Avatar Reid T.

Avatar Reid T.

"Be the change you wish to see in the world." -Gandhi Hello there, I am Reid, and this is my voice, a voice which I intend to help people with. I started a project around five months ago, determined to see the end of it, but now, five months later, I have realized something, I need help. This project that I speak of is a magazine by the name of ‘Real Life’. I started this magazine in hope of enlightening our communities on the situation at hand, with all profits going t...

LGTB vs Society's Stigma

Published no picture Mariano B. Akle , Student

Mariano B. Akle

For a very long time, humanity has worked to face the toughest of all tasks. Tasks that required the total input of many and the loss the majority. Today we live in a society that challenges the most basic human moral principles. And for what? Money? Power? Wealth? If we cannot establish the definite line between dreams and reality, then where are we leading our future generations? The community in which we are, shapes our definition of society. Why? Because we look at all of tho...

Dose my community need me?

Published Avatar Magezi Bashir , CEO/Founder

Avatar CEO/Founder
Magezi Bashir

I was born here, I grew up from here, I studied from here, I learnt my first lessons from here, I made my first friends here, it’s the only place I understand most on earth because even when I sleep, I can explain the whole map of it, and tell the names of every one in it and everything there. What makes it unique from other places? It’s where I grew up from. So it gave me all what I needed, and supported me when I needed it, and IT MADE ME WHO I AM TODAY. But I ask mysel...

PLURAL+ Awards 2015: Blue

Published Avatar KateVOY , VOY team member

Avatar VOY team member

Name: Breech Asher Harani; Film: Blue, PLURAL+ International Jury Winner, PLURAL+ Partner Awards Winner Country: Philippines Age: 23 What 3 words describe you best? Creative, Hard-working, Open-Minded Tell us about your film - what is it about? "BLUE" is a short film that talks about the experience of leaving a family for a new life in a foreign place, and being misunderstood for being different, including the effects especially on young people....

Love's not supposed to hurt

Published no picture Destiny Faye VR

no picture Destiny Faye VR

I recently read a book about a teenage girl in a very abusive relationship and told myself - "This is why teenagers should not date." My statement shocked me, because as soon as I said it, I realised...I was echoing society. When it comes to abuse, we'll blame everything but the perpetrator. Whether it is physical, emotional or sexual, abuse cannot be justified. There is simply no excuse and it is NOT OKAY! What infuriates me, is how a man can think it's okay to hit a woman, to...

SDG 1: No Poverty

Published Avatar Noor Samee

Avatar Noor Samee

Imagine not being able to read these words Imagine fearing for your life each time a mosquito came your way Imagine not being able to trust anyone in power to care for you Imagine living in a box with no breathing holes, and no way to get out Imagine. If the world consists of 100 people and had $100 to split amongst themselves, 1 person gets $50 and 99 people split the other $50. You don’t need to imagine, because that is exactly what our world is. While so many people live in poverty and...

The Moringa Tree could virtually wipe out malnutrition!

Published no picture Cisco Silva

no picture Cisco Silva

The Moringa Tree could virtually wipe out malnutrition. The countries with the highest rates of malnutrition are almost the same where Moringa trees grows best. Given the world food crisis, the use of local resources like Moringa Trees is critical to improve nutrition among poor households. Two Moringa Trees in a courtyard are sufficient for the needs of one family. Moringa Tree contains high amounts of protein, all essential amino acids and a full spectrum of vitamins and minerals...

I just can't stand watching women getting tortured, raped, killed, every day. I can't take it anymore; when I watch the news & watch television, I feel so helpless when I see issues on gender inequality. Is it hard to understand that men & women are equal? Is it that hard to accept this fact & move on? Or it's just that people are not willing to accept this fact? The plight of women in countries like India, Yemen, Syria who are also humans like all of us have to face...

VOY across the world