WHY ABSTINENCE ALONE JUST WONT CUT IT

Posted November 24, 2014 no picture Katongo_VOY_CONNECT

no picture Katongo_VOY_CONNECT View Profile

WHY ABSTAINENCE ALONE JUST WONT CUT IT In this generation it is normal to see young people going out and dating but not so long ago during our parents time dating was a sign that people are ready for marriage. Unfortunately youths of today don’t take dating to be a serious thing some view it is a chance to engage in sex others view it as a way to be close with people of the opposite sex. But we must realise is that dating among youths isn’t just fun and games during a yout...

TEEN DATING AND FLIRTING- WHAT'S THE DIFFERENCE

Posted November 24, 2014 no picture Andrew Jikanza - VOY - Zambia

no picture Andrew Jikanza - VOY - Zambia View Profile

TEEN DATING AND FLIRTING – WHAT’S THE DIFFERENCE Most people in between the age 15-24 are found in romantic relationships just for the fun of it. If you are dating and you fall in this age ratio ask yourself this ‘is this love or infatuation?’ then take yourself back to the times when you are together. Do you act like you love each other or do you act like you want each other, do you only talk about sex and things related to each other’s bodies. In most adolescent re...

GENDER BASED VIOLENCE

GENDER BASED VIOLENCE Why do you think men beat women is it because they want respect or because they just want to? Well, mostly from what I’ve heard men beat women because they claim that the women deserve it but that’s not the case men beat women because they want to be in control, to be respected, to satisfy their ego and finally to release their frustrations. Let’s talk about why they do it to be in control. Some men feel that it is their known right to be in contro...

I Don't Hate Men!

Posted November 24, 2014 Avatar MariaJoseCelis

Avatar MariaJoseCelis View Profile

Gender equality is a topic that fascinates me, and something that I believe we should all strive for and work towards. I am a proud feminist. But what I dislike is the misconceptions that come along with saying you are one. The surprised looks and the hollow single minded questions, those really bother me to be honest. I am 14 years old and I am currently in 9th grade. The other day, I don't remember precisely what I was talking about with a guy friend. At some point in the...

What I learnt this week

Posted November 23, 2014 Avatar maryb

Avatar maryb View Profile

Well, there’s something I learnt last Sunday, on 16th November where the second tour of presidential elections in Romania took place. What I learned? That people matter. A lot. These elections have offered a huge surprise to all Romanians: on one hand, we selected a President which is part of the German minority in my country; on the other hand, the percentage of people who went to vote was one of the highest in the last 25 years of Romanian democracy. I won’t speak too m...

Youth Participation in Politics and Governance

Posted November 23, 2014 Avatar Thamara Kandabada

Avatar Thamara Kandabada View Profile

In democracies like the one I live in, politics is, whether we like it or not, an integral part of our lives. In everything we read, everything we eat and even in everything we touch is a story interwoven with politics. We know of people who have given up their lucrative careers to come into politics and do community service; we know of committed “career politicians”, and we also know of the greedy and the slovenly type who live off public property. Therefore in politics, a...

Every student's nightmare: Procrastination

Posted November 22, 2014 no picture Grace O

no picture Grace O View Profile

Everyone's struggled with procrastination. I can procrastinate with reading, watching TV, eating, even watching videos about how to stop procrastination! Sometimes, it feels as though I would rather do anything but study for a Chemistry test. We know that we have deadlines - flashing, bolded dates on calendars and diaries, but somehow, we just can't seem to start working. As deadlines loom above us, we suddenly find another YouTube video that we have to watch, a friend we have to c...

Global Warming

Posted November 22, 2014 Avatar Thompson_Youth_Zambia

Avatar Thompson_Youth_Zambia View Profile

Its seems to me that this summer is much warmer than the previous summers we have had. The rain has not even been constant, it is not so often that rain starts in December. Mostly it begins to rain constantly and often late October. It must be that there is too much heat in the atmosphere causing the water vapor not to condense but if there is condensation then obviously we wont have rain. But what will happen to our country if there is no rain? The gases that are let out into th...

Empowering Women Through Education

Posted November 22, 2014 no picture Briana Teran

no picture Briana Teran View Profile

Education is important for everyone, but it is especially significant for girls and women. This is true not only because education is an entry point to other opportunities, but also because the educational achievements of women can have ripple effects within the family and across generations. Investing in girls' education is one of the most effective ways to reduce poverty. Investments in secondary school education for girls yields especially high dividends. Girls who have been...