http://imgur.com/iHJbGJ6.jpg

Source: http://imgur.com/iHJbGJ6

DOWNLOAD How do children see their rights affected by digital media and tools? In July and August 2014, 148 children in 16 countries took part in workshops to discuss the opportunities and risks associated with digital media; these discussions – and the voices of the child participants of the workshops – are reflected in this report. Findings were presented at the Day of General Discussion, a meeting focusing on digital media and child rights that was convened by the Co...

Monique Jansen

Posted October 20, 2014 no picture Children's Radio Foundation

no picture Children's Radio Foundation View Profile

Source: https://soundcloud.com/childrensradiofoundation/ra...

Monique Jansen is from Atlantis in Cape Town, shares her learning journey within the Children's Radio Foundation and how her life has changed since joining Teen Express youth reporters.

My prediction on health

Posted October 19, 2014 Avatar paola.suarez

Avatar paola.suarez View Profile

Healthy living for most people is an option that only “sports people” get to enjoy. For most of us, jogging on Sundays and eating salad twice a week is already good enough to look after our bodies. However the more we grow and the more committed we are to academic or professional goals the less time we take to actually be healthy. This thought came to my mind because I recently went to the doctor and went out so happy that I wondered how was it possible for me to call gover...

Horn Free Day in Lagos!

Posted October 17, 2014 no picture Ma'Reke

no picture Ma'Reke View Profile

Have you ever imagined a Horn-free Day in your city? Now imagine a horn-free day in a bustling mega-city of at least 20 million people, with frequently traffic congested roads. Imagine a horn-free day in Lagos, Nigeria! October 15 was symbolic not just because it was the International Day of Rural Women, but because the Lagos state government marked a horn free day for all motorists in the metropolis-and the compliance was great. If there is one thing Lagosians do not miss t...

What Does Freedom Mean to the Common Man?

Posted October 17, 2014 no picture Effie Johari

no picture Effie Johari View Profile

Last August, Malaysia celebrated our Independence Day, a mark of freedom for the nation as a whole – freedom to self-determination, to have sovereignty over our own home soil, and to chart our own path as a modern nation. The word 'independence' and 'freedom' surely evoke something in the individual as a citizen of a country that not fifty seven years ago was under the colonization of another. What does freedom mean to the common man? Freedom to be part of a democracy, to vot...

“I’m happy to see my dad”, says Ibrahim* in a radiant smile. “I’ve been waiting for this moment for quite some time now”, explains the 9-year boy, holding tightly his brother in his arms. Ibrahim* and Abdul* are about to leave the UNICEF-supported Interim Care Center where they were living since they were discharged from the Ebola Treatment Center, one week ago. Their father, Hassan*, was still under treatment and both children had to wait until he recovered. This h...

World Food Day 2014 and Family Farming

Posted October 16, 2014 Avatar Unitika Schlawenger

Avatar Unitika Schlawenger View Profile

Some of you would really be surprised about the fact that nearly everyday is an international day in respect to one thing or another. But, keeping in view of my calendar marking the United Nations Observances, today the 16th of October 2014 is World Food Day. Let me inform everyone, the day was founded and is marked in the honour of the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations, which was founded then. This year's theme for the WFD is "Family Framing: Feeding...

Tafala* is sitting outside the ‘high-risk area’ of the Ebola Treatment Unit in Kenema, Eastern region, a hotspot in Sierra Leone. Greeting visitors with a big smile, she slowly start explaining. “I have lost my parents, all my family died because of Ebola. Only the children survived so far. Two of my brothers recovered and were discharged, their blood tests came negative. They’re staying with our auntie, waiting for us: two others boys (6 and 2), Awa* (one year) and I a...

Stop the mourns Ebola!

Posted October 16, 2014 no picture Angkush

no picture Angkush View Profile

-As you make steps further, menacing to engulf the human race pitilessly, we plead: Kindly spare us. - We are a flawed species, with different views. Be it a curse from God or our own negligence, we plead: Forgive us wholeheartedly. - Our tears bear testimony of the pain felt when seeing our dear ones dying, we plead: Soothe our ongoing cries. -You've shaken the world of many, taking them away with you, we plead: Blunt your axe please. - We are used to being bruised and pained,...