Is it simple to keep healthy?

Posted August 28, 2014 Avatar maryb

Avatar maryb View Profile

This week, dedicated to NCD (Non Communicable Diseases), every young man/woman should take a moment and think about his/her life, what he/she might be doing wrong and what he/she could improve. Again, I am speaking about your own life. We all know empathy, productive relationships and helping others are beautiful emotions or actions for every man/woman to feel or do. And they are very much interconnected with our own and inner life: our mind and our body. Beautiful social and “...

What Does Your Society Teach You About Poverty?

Posted August 28, 2014 no picture Effie Johari

no picture Effie Johari View Profile

Implicit in most discussions of poverty is the notion that inequality is a given, and this has been an expected way society passes down their ideas regarding the subject. Since the only society I have ever lived in is here in Malaysia, I do not have firsthand accounts of the values that other cultures espouse except for my own. Here, there are several ideas of poverty and the conditions that engender it that are taught both formally and informally as an attempt to obstruct the viol...

The NHS

Posted August 28, 2014 no picture Daanial Chaudhry

no picture Daanial Chaudhry View Profile

Living in the UK, something I and many others take for granted is the National Health Service. A service that is provided free to all at the point of use. Admittedly it is the UK taxpayers money that funds the hospitals, but for your average person this means you do not have the worry of paying costly operation fees if you do fall ill. But now stark reforms under the Conservative government means many West London hospitals are facing closure. This means that what was once one o...

Climate Thought

Posted August 27, 2014 Avatar Frisco_Connect_Zambia

Avatar Frisco_Connect_Zambia View Profile

A savage is not the one who live in the forest, but the one who destroys it... To change everything we need everyone remember September 21 there will be the people`s climate match in the New York City! Find time and join to help fight climate change cause whatever we do today will affect our future tomorrow

Can People Change

Posted August 27, 2014 no picture Children's Radio Foundation

no picture Children's Radio Foundation View Profile

Source: https://soundcloud.com/childrensradiofoundation/ra...

The Siviwe Youth reporters in Cape town, share their views and personal testimonies on whether or not people can change.

That's it!

Posted August 26, 2014 Avatar Laura Rosa

Avatar Laura Rosa View Profile

First of all, congratulations for all of you. This article is for all the youth voices around the world! :) You are what you want to be! Nothing can stop you, scare and make you change your goals. Sometimes, you feel invincible and infinite. You have ideas and you make your own ideals. You feel that incurable desire to change the world, to debate global issues, you make your own opinion, you want to help and be helped. You want to leave your mark on this world and you s...

Waiting for the results.

Posted August 26, 2014 no picture Artemis Boutsifakou

no picture Artemis Boutsifakou View Profile

Wednesday (08/28) This is going to be a stressful day for all the high school students who took part in National Exams of Greece. On this day, the results will be announced & all candidates will see if they succedded and what options they have. All of us have studied a lot, to get the the score we needed. Unfortunately, the Greek educational system is not really the best. Students are faced with a big amount of subjects, with six-or four, it depends of the type of high scho...

NAVISS... Where bridges were built

Posted August 26, 2014 no picture Yosr Jouini

no picture Yosr Jouini View Profile

Where? -Monastir, Tunisia When? – 3rd-10th of August 2014 Who? -20 participants in addition to the trainers and the organizers from 7 different countries: Tunisia, Slovakia, Morocco, Egypt, Czech, Poland and Hungary: Why? – NAVISS: North African Visegrad Summer School Well, those were the circumstances in which we lived for a week as participants of the North African Visegrad Summer School. A summer school organized by PDCS (Partners for Democratic Change Slovakia)...

What is great about my country!

Posted August 26, 2014 Avatar Oksana Hirchak

Avatar Oksana Hirchak View Profile

August 24th is Independence Day of Ukraine. There was a concert of one of the most famous bands from our country. The band is called Okean Elzy. In honour of the day, people sang the anthem of Ukraine. *** Here is a translation below Ukraine is not yet dead, nor it's glory and freedom, Luck will still smile on us brother-Ukrainians. Our enemies will die, as the dew does in the sunshine, And we, too, brothers, we'll live happily in our land. We'll not spare either our...