I Stand With Islam

Published Avatar Reid T.

Avatar Reid T.

I saw the most inhumane, sickening, and appalling social media post about a week ago, and I took the time to save the image so that all of you may see this mindless hatred at your leisure. Come on, take a good look at it, what does that make you feel? I feel disgusted. Personally, I know several Muslims myself, and they are the nicest people you would ever want to meet, kind, respectful, and considerate, great people, yet we have fools like the person who posted this who walk h...

Is Canada a Racist Country?

Published no picture Hikmat

no picture Hikmat

Is Canada a Racist Country? The short answer is, well, yes. There are numerous examples of racism and discrimination in Canada throughout that course of history and even today. Of course that doesn’t mean we’re all horrible people here in The True North. Instead, it simply means racism existed and still does exist in Canada, and ignoring it is no way to go about solving it. Historically, Canada’s hands are not clean. Due to Canada’s role in the trans-Atlantic slave tr...

Violence against women (Poem)

Published Avatar priya verma

Avatar priya verma

What constitute violence against women The way forward post an unmitigated national cry over the gruesome tragedy that hit the heart of nation the crisis of femininity and masculinity has been more apparent what implications and how do we hear it a black dot icon outlined as a sign of protest we must figure out a way forward to save a better law women equality and change of man mind set towards femanity to treat them...

Poverty: Is It Destiny?

Published no picture miharisoa , pharmacist student

no picture pharmacist student

For this year, my country was ranked the tenth poorest country in the world. I live in Madagascar, a beautiful island in the Indian Ocean. Many called it the country of “mora mora”. That means that everything there goes smoothly. Tourists passing here would say that we are easy going. They see Malagasy people smiling brightly even if we are in deep poverty. It’s like we don’t care about our situation. However, are these islanders really happy or just hopeless? It is sai...

Help us achieve peace

Published no picture VFV , Student

I live in a country full of pain I see death every day and regardless they call it the way to peace. The world admires us because we’re in the middle of the treaty of peace but how can it be? If we don’t even admire ourselves. It makes no sense at all that what they see we don’t see and vice versa. Being in a country that has so little history is hard, we don’t appreciate what we have or are, we have so many problems with our identity, we don’t love our country or our c...

Published Avatar Wabai Yvonne Wairimu , student

Avatar student
Wabai Yvonne Wairimu

I remember the day I enrolled in high school, I was nervous. Almost all my family members came to see me before I went off. I had done them all proud, being accepted to one of the most prestigious high schools in Kenya. On that day I could eat anything I wanted at the family restaurant, free of charge. I got various amounts of money from different people, all well-wishers, to go into my pockets. I had more than what I needed - no complaints there. At about 2 o’clock, we drove...

Pizza Love or the Real Thing?

Published Avatar Raquel - Frescia CM

Avatar Raquel - Frescia CM

The following was said by Mary Beth Bonacci and someone wrote it, well I think so. People use the word 'love' a lot of different ways.Take me, for instance. I am often heard saying that I love my mom and dad. I am also often heard saying that I love pizza.What am I saying when I say I love my mom and dad? I'm saying that I care about them. I'm saying that I love spending time with them and that I talk to them every chance I get. I'm saying that if they needed me, I would do every humanly possi...

The war of our generation

Published no picture Flora Dan Hua

no picture Flora Dan Hua

By exploring what we know of the past, it only raises more questions about the future. I often wonder to myself, why does history always seem to repeat itself? Is there a pattern in society? Do people not learn from their mistakes? Why do governments commit to such atrocities when we know of corruption it may bring? And I can only come to an incomplete conclusion that for each question I make, another will arise. I remember in grade eight history classes, my history teacher hos...

PLURAL+ Awards 2015: Another Kind of Girl

Published Avatar KateVOY , VOY team member

Avatar VOY team member

Name: Khaldiya Aamir Film: Another Kind of Girl; PLURAL+ Partner Award Country: Jordan Age: 18 What 3 words describe you best? Compassionate, sentimental, and stubborn Tell us about your film - what is it about? The film talks about what life is like in the Za'tari refugee camp. Through this film I wanted to show the world who us Syrian children are and the challenges and risks that we face and overcome despite the difficult circumstances we are curren...

VOY across the world