BLACK DAY IN PESHAWAR- A GLOBAL CONCERN

Posted December 17, 2014 Avatar Maurice Eze

Avatar Maurice Eze View Profile

It was such a gory sight when at about 11am on 16th December 2014,a group of Taliban gunmen made their way into Army Public School in Northwestern Pakistani city of Peshawar through a graveyard situated behind the school. They fired shots sporadically at the kids and teachers and this claimed the lives of 145 innocent children with about 186 injured. It was a terrible massacre, a targeted one at that. It is not just a Pakistani tragedy but an International Calamity and one that...

ENVIRONMENTAL DEGRADATION- A MAN-MADE CATACLYSM

Posted December 16, 2014 Avatar Maurice Eze

Avatar Maurice Eze View Profile

Our ENVIRONMENT and the activities in it revolves around man. We are the regulators of both physical, social, economical and technological activities in our natural as well as built environment. Over the years, the socio-economic activities of man has disrupted the ecosystem and it keeps getting worse by the day. As human population increases on a daily basis, the habitat is altered and destroyed. There is a continuous impact on natural resourses as they get compromised and dep...

Today I speak !

Posted December 16, 2014 Avatar Imen Al-Nighaoui

Avatar Imen Al-Nighaoui View Profile

Can you hear me thinking ? Because thinking is human. Can you see me existing ? Because my existence is a ' right '. Can you let me be whoever I chose to be ? Because choosing is a ' right '. Can you let me learn ? Because learning is a ' right '. I am a human being and I want one simple thing, yet it is not money and wealth, it is not oil and gas and it is not power and authority, it is simply a normal peaceful world. I want only happiness and joy; believe me all I want...

a mother's wish for child

Posted December 16, 2014 no picture Archana K Sonagre

no picture Archana K Sonagre View Profile

in 2013 i become mother of a very cute baby boy. As he is growing up, i am getting so much worried about his future. The things happening in the world making me upset. Every day i prey to god and wish that my atharva will be a good tuture of india. Mother's like me are worried because of terrorism, health, human trafficking and disease's. Felt guilty that this is all I am giving to my child. But there is a way to change this situation. Be aware about everything. Be aware about...

Child Workers in Indonesia

Posted December 15, 2014 no picture 34833

no picture 34833 View Profile

According to the International Labor Organisation, Indonesia is currently the 4th most populous country in the world with about 220 million people living there. About 30% of these people are under the age of 17 and about 3.2 million of these children work with some sort of labor. Some of these things are some of the worst kinds of child labor. According to the United States Department of Labor, many kids work with the production of palm oil, tobacco, and rubber. Some even work in s...

An Angry Black Youth

Posted December 15, 2014 Avatar Anisah

Avatar Anisah View Profile

This video is in honor of Trayvon Martin, Michael Brown, Tamir Rice, Eric Garner, and all of the Black people and youth who have died at the hands of self-proclaimed vigilantes and law enforcement.

"We are the world"...every day.

Posted December 15, 2014 no picture Artemis B.

no picture Artemis B. View Profile

"We are the world, We are the children, We are the ones who make a brighter day So,let's start giving". These are only a few lyrics of the song "We are the world". It is a charity song made in 1985 - a second version was made in 2010, for the victims of the 2010 earthquake in Haiti from the supergroup Artists for Haiti (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Glny4jSciVI) - by Michael Jackson and Lionel Richie and it was recorded by the supergroup "USA for Africa". Many great artists i...

Restoring the hope of slum children through education

Posted December 15, 2014 no picture diana kagwiria

no picture diana kagwiria View Profile

Right in the heart of Korogocho slum,one of the largest slums in Nariobi,Kenya sits a small complex made up St John’s Informal Community School, a small amphitheatre that also doubles up as the church during masses, a basket ball court and a two building that houses the St. Johns community library. The complex is boarded on one side by shanties the other side by the polluted waters of Nairobi river and the Dandora dump site. Many youth living in the slums will tell you that i...

Am Black and Proud...

Posted December 15, 2014 no picture Cadmus Atake-E

no picture Cadmus Atake-E View Profile

Am black and proud am glad to be black no matter d tribes they can never steal my pride black is my nature and culture black is my structure black is my texture black is d future I can never give up my nature/culture/structure /texture no matter their pressure I will always stand by nature to protect and defend her treasures am proud to be a black man from Africa, the cradle of civilization, the seat of greatness, the land of riches an...