One Million: Use It To Enrich Libraries

Posted July 24, 2014 Avatar Oksana Hirchak

Avatar Oksana Hirchak View Profile

I usually hear that people read less than in the past. Should we accuse them of this? On the one hand I agree. Technologies alter paper books. There is also the other side of an issue. It is a lack of books in libraries, especially in villages. It may sounds funny. But this is the problem which I see in Ukraine. And if I were a millionaire, I would spend money for libraries The situation is similar on whole territory of Ukraine. But I am going to view Lviv region where I live....

Education

Posted July 24, 2014 no picture Karrengunalan

no picture Karrengunalan View Profile

It is every child's right to get the best education in the world. But when they are in a classroom, the teachers should always give equal rights to all students without seeing their background whether they are poor or rich, dark or fair, a smart student or a failure student. I think it is in the teachers' hands to bring up the failing student to a smart student by encouraging what he or she is best for, but not forcing them to do something they do not like. Every child in this worl...

Have You Seen The Future?

Posted July 23, 2014 no picture Victor Brown Omovbude

no picture Victor Brown Omovbude View Profile

That's the kind of question, you don't get often. Well, i have seen it; and how the firmament, with gaudy clouds and safe havens made a home for man. How a nation, as mighty as fate, worked in peace. How employers revised no preferential treatment; how schools were built and laid on transparent education, and how girls ''ill-fated right'', to education and health care became a thing of the past. The world is going to change soon, but when? Some may ask. The issue is, we're the CHANGE! The gover...

Remembering Prof. Mills

Posted July 23, 2014 Avatar Kwasi Bekoe

Avatar Kwasi Bekoe View Profile

I am no poet. Lend me your eyes on a piece I prepared for former President of Ghana, John Evans Atta Mills who moved on to join very distinguished leaders in the silent world. Tomorrow will mark second anniversary since his sudden demise. It would be disheartening on the part of organized labour made up of Trade's Union Congress (TUC) and public sector workers if its one-day industrial action proceed as planned in protest of the current government's unpopular decisions. Not only wi...

Is migration wrong?

Posted July 23, 2014 Avatar paola.suarez

Avatar paola.suarez View Profile

Hello guys! I´d like to talk about something that’s been concerning to me very deeply ever since I came to Chile. A couple of months ago I was at the PDI office (sort of a police investigation device) looking for a personal document, and there was a woman, Colombian by the way (I could tell because by her accent), and when I first arrived she was already having a discussion with someone while holding a baby, but I didn’t even came close to her. However at a certain mo...

Paris

Posted July 23, 2014 no picture Daanial Chaudhry

no picture Daanial Chaudhry View Profile

Bonjour! It was only a couple of weeks that I paid a visit to the beautiful city of Paris. The city of love and so much more. A city like no other. A city full of culture, commerce, and contentment. The nature of my visit was an artistic one, but it ended up being much more than that, and within my 3 short days in the city I explored the Parisian way of life.. Each of my days would start with a metro journey, but unlike my usual gruelling commute to work, I enjoyed these...

SIDS YOUTH GLOBAL ACTION DAY - 24TH JULY 2014

Posted July 23, 2014 no picture Angélique Pouponneau

no picture Angélique Pouponneau View Profile

To commemorate the SIDS Youth Global Action Day I thought I would write a post about small island developing states and what the youth in my country are doing to create awareness among ourselves about small island developing states and the role we are deciding to play in achieving sustainable development. Youth from small island developing states, including the Seychelles have been taking action throughout this month in preparation for the UN SIDS conference in Samoa 2014. Young...

A little bit on Romanian youth

Posted July 23, 2014 Avatar maryb

Avatar maryb View Profile

This week I’ve been thinking about the youth in Romania and about its passions and interests. And slowly, I began to observe that these have started to estrange from culture, knowledge, true love or a lot other things that the human being is to be admired for. Let me explain this phenomenon. It starts with television, internet, newspapers and maybe others too. There you can see, by taking just a glance, examples of how to succeed in life without making an effort. Just an exampl...

Social media: A common activity

Posted July 23, 2014 no picture Elhachemi Sabi

no picture Elhachemi Sabi View Profile

Using social media is one of the most common activities among today's youth. A recent survey in the U.S. shows that 51% of teenagers log on to their favorite social network at least once a day and that 22% of young people do more than 10 times daily (Common Sense Media, 2009). Sites like Facebook, YouTube or Twitter, which have developed at high speed during recent years are proving highly popular with young people, especially because they offer them the opportunity to be entertain...