Posted by KristenVOY

UNICEF is calling on you to save the planet...

Let’s prove to the world that young people are key to combating climate change.How?It’s easy - all y...

It Starts Here

Posted no picture nikenafifah

no picture nikenafifah

We wonder why our world is lacking peace and is full of so much corruption. Let me tell you why. I won’t preach, but I will give you a scenario.Imagine this: a child is born into this world. His or her parents/guardians focus on this child’s humaneness, ability to understand and be intune with his/her emotions, and sending goodness and kindness out into this world.Tell me this: Do you see that child growing up into an adult that has the capacity to hold a gun and slaughter… someone? Do you see t...

When Life Is Not Virtual

Posted Avatar Imen Al-Nighaoui , Human | Translator | Writer | Climate Activist | World Peace Advocate | World Citizen

Avatar Human | Translator | Writer | Climate Activist | World Peace Advocate | World Citizen
Imen Al-Nighaoui

Who are we outside of our Facebook profiles and Twitter accounts? How do our lives look when we are not sharing our daily life routine through Instagram? What kind of life are we leading when we are not surfing the internet? Or let me ask this question: Do you know how the world looks like outside the four walls of your social media accounts?It has been a long time since I shared a new blog with you my friends, and the simple reason is that I was going through a life changing experiment, through...

That Fight For Peace

Posted no picture AhmedRidaYumn

no picture AhmedRidaYumn

In The History Of Hindu Mythology, Ravana, The Demon King Was Killed By Unity Which Symbolized That Good Alone Triumphs Over Evil And thus, Prevailed Peace And Harmony. But After Centuries, Is The Ravana Truly Dead…Or Is He Still Alive? Do We Still Have To Fight For Peace? THE FIGHT FOR PEACE……Ravana died; came the light,In the history of world, an antagonist died.But, did all the evils hide,To make my world look like a pious bride?Have I got the world...

What Is Forever?

Posted Avatar Anagha , High school student

Avatar High school student
Anagha

Often times, I sit back and wish that something could last forever. But when I try to visualize it, it seems nothing more than a faded blur of a never ending walkway. The aspect of wishing that something last forever, is another way of not wanting change. We are all accustomed to certain things, and slight changes can hinder that, and cause us to react differently. Some of us might not like change; I know I usually don't. Mankind functions in a way where we want to feel comfortable, we want to f...

Dear Youth, Act Now, Not Tomorrow

Posted no picture Aiheydar Suleiman , Student

Aiheydar Suleiman

Dear youth, act now, not tomorrow.The global population of youth, as of October 2016, stands at 1.8B, the highest number ever recorded with the majority of them hailing from developing countries. Currently, youth around the globe are dealing with problems like unemployment, illiteracy, political exploitation, health issues like HIV & AIDS, and absence in the decision-making arenas. With all these challenges, it might seem that young people in many parts of the world lose motivation to addres...

An Adoptee's Quest to Find Her Past

Posted Avatar Jishnu Bandyopadhyay , Student

Jishnu Bandyopadhyay

JOINTLY WRITTEN BY ME, LINH AND JEANPeople would always tell me that I resembled my mother --- we both had brown, curly hair, deep, brown eyes, and a tall build. I was always proud of the fact that I did, in some ways, look like my mother. I felt that our resemblance connected us in a way that could not be described by words. It was an invisible bond that could only be shared between mother and daughter.I was 11 when my parents dropped the bombshell --- I was adopted. I could not believe what I...

Spelling In The Digital Age - Does It Matter?

Jishnu Bandyopadhyay

Today, we live in a world where everything is digital. I typed this blog post on a digital device and most likely, you are reading it on one. Digital and electronic devices have been integrated into our environments in such a way that we barely take notice.The world today texts more than ever, and given the fact that people are extremely busy and continuously running out of time, it not unnatural to come across various forms of abbreviations that are used while communicating to instant messaging...

Prioritization: First Things First

Posted Avatar Sreymom Oy , MSc in Community Nutrition

Avatar MSc in Community Nutrition
Sreymom Oy

Golf balls, pebbles, sand, and beer — a few things to explain how to live a happier life. (via Meir Kay)

Posted by Upworthy on Dienstag, 25. April 2017
Upworthy

A couple days ago, I logged into my Facebook account at around 10:30 am. I just needed a short break from my work. As I scrolled down the newsfeed, I came across a video shared by one of my friends. The title was “A valuable lesson for a happy life”. The word “happy life” captured my attention and I decided to view the clip.At the beginning of the video, a teacher was explaining to the students about the life that each of us has. He mentioned that we are all capable of achieving anything if “we...

Climate Change

Posted no picture Ahmed Rayyan , Student

Ahmed Rayyan

Global Warming. We know it’s happening, but we seem to neglect it. The chlorofluorocarbons in the smoke of our factories, and those poisonous gases released because of burning of trash, decimate our ozone layer. Therefore, less heat is absorbed and the planet heats up.We all know that the Arctic ice is melting, yet we don’t seem to be bothered. Species like Polar Bears and Siberian Tigers are going extinct due to the melting of their icy climate. We are the ones to blame. Our descendants may not...

VOY across the world