JUST ONE OLIVE BRANCH

Posted September 30, 2014 no picture Eric Mbotiji

no picture Eric Mbotiji View Profile

The world we live in today has a lot of resources to offer to everyone. God gave us 24 hours in a day, and it now depends on how we utilize this to exploit natural resources to make a promising and sustainable future. We are all expecting that conducive, peaceful and favorable environment where our plans can materialize and prosper. I know countries with great natural resources and potentials, yet people still live on less than one dollars a day, which is living below the pover...

Will Innovations Solve Africa's Pressing Challenges?

Posted September 30, 2014 Avatar Brighton_EduConnect_Zambia

Avatar Brighton_EduConnect_Zambia View Profile

As you may be aware one of the great things about social media is its reach and, as we saw from the various forms of the Arab Spring, its ability to bring about rapid change. A number of initiatives have been using social media platforms in Africa in innovative new ways – particularly when it comes to engaging and activating wider audiences – and particularly the youth – around issues that matter the most to them. On the 22nd of October 2014 I spoke at Strathmore Universi...

Waking Up To Water Issues

Posted September 29, 2014 no picture Children's Radio Foundation

no picture Children's Radio Foundation View Profile

Source: https://soundcloud.com/childrensradiofoundation/wa...

Mbali is part of a CRF young reporters group that won an award for their radio feature about water and sanitation. The prize won her a trip to Sweden to attend the Water and Energy Conference there. She tells us about her experience.

What matters to youth in Algeria

Posted September 28, 2014 no picture GHEBOULI Zinelabidine

no picture GHEBOULI Zinelabidine View Profile

Youth are the hope of every country, they represent a major power. If we could use this power for the good of the country, I assure you that the future will be such a great one. But if we try to create obstacles and to prohibit those youth from building their country, I can say we won’t get anything, we will be like someone who is playing with the fire! I guess if the leaders of a country don't try to encourage youth, these leaders must expect a disaster in the future. They w...

The New Era for the Youth

Posted September 28, 2014 Avatar Jianne Soriano

Avatar Jianne Soriano View Profile

The Philippines' National Hero, Dr. Jose P. Rizal once said, "Ang kabataan ang pag-asa ng bayan." (The youth is the hope of a nation) Perhaps then, this is the time to say that the era for the youth has began and indeed, they are the hope for the future. The movement to call for democracy in Hong Kong regarding the 2017 Chief Executive elections started on 27 September 2014 at 1:45 AM following a week-long student class boycott and a Hong Kong student strike which resulted to v...

Depression - what does it look like?

Posted September 27, 2014 no picture Grace O

no picture Grace O View Profile

Depression is often treated lightly - around school, we can often hear classmates throwing the term around lightly and claiming they are "depressed" when they have extra homework, received a bad grade, or when they get told off by a teacher. "Depressed" has become just another synonym for "sad" or "disappointed". But depression is a real mental condition that is incredibly difficult to deal with. It doesn't just affect the mind; it can also affect the body, and one's well-being....

Great event involving youth and books in my home town

Posted September 27, 2014 Avatar maryb

Avatar maryb View Profile

Hi everyone! First of all let me say I’m very sorry for my absence, but I’ve been caught up between school starting and volunteering and other great, educational events. And I want to tell you about one of these! It is called “Seara de carte”, in Romanian, or in English, “The book evening”. I had the chance to get kind of close to the organizer of this event and so, I interviewed her about this project and many other aspects. (She is actually the one I choose for my...

I promise to do my best for people!

Posted September 27, 2014 Avatar Oksana Hirchak

Avatar Oksana Hirchak View Profile

Imagine that you greet a person in the morning and suddenly you find out the person’ is dead in the evening. I passed through such a feeling a few days ago. My friend was hit by a motorcycle while crossing a road. She died instantly. I saw few quite cruel photos of the event. Her name was Nadiya which translation into English is “Hope”. The girl studied with me in the university. She was making research about the history of her native village. She was crossing a road...

Youth to End Sexual Violence is a network of young people, dedicated to ending the use of rape and sexual violence in conflict. We were founded by the 2014 Global Summit to End Sexual Violence in Conflict youth delegates, and continue to grow through national and international youth networks, and through our partnerships with government, civil society, and the United Nations. Our mission is simple: to end the silence surrounding sexual violence in conflict, and to advocate for...