Photography for storytelling

Posted August 21, 2014 Avatar Thamara Kandabada

Avatar Thamara Kandabada View Profile

I had the pleasure of attending an event organised by UNICEF Sri Lanka today. I did a photo-post earlier inviting enthusiasts to attend the event, themed #Photography for storytelling, which was in fact a continuation of the #Y4C (Youth for Children) Dialogue. The event featured a line-up of interesting speakers, passionate undertakers of the art of photography, who delivered remarks and personal stories on various aspects of photography. The event also highlighted a promo of t...

Is life basically blue, green and yellow?

Posted August 21, 2014 no picture Angkush

no picture Angkush View Profile

BLUE: The young soul sat on the beach; just some meters away from the crystal clear sea water. He could easily feel the warmth of the sand grains and admired the unique beauty the sun which was tucking itself elegantly into the majestic ocean. An elderly person, who stood beside him and perhaps his grandfather, asked him: “What are you looking at my dear?” “I’m not looking; I’m enjoying this beautiful world” he replied softly. “Tell me about it!” asked the e...

Hola amigos! :) First, I apologise for my 2 weeks of absence. I’m slowly getting back on track and feeling better! I’ll be honest - it was going to be my first retreat ever and the thing is, I was going there all alone and I hesitated to make it as I feared not being able to mingle and click with the youngsters there, finally find myself alone, home-sick and uncomfortable despite the promise of intense sharing. Clinging to that promise was my first step towards upcoming m...

EBOLA : A SCARE CROW...

Posted August 21, 2014 no picture Cadmus Atake-E

no picture Cadmus Atake-E View Profile

On a transit from one part of Nigeria to the other I noticed the highway has really become scanty with bushmeat traders trying to make a living from their game, and my thoughts ran wild. It dawned on me that the Ebola virus has taken a turn on the lives of the local people hunting in the wild to make a living for themselves and families. The fact became clear, that indeed the western world has gradually taken over our culture in full with fearful stories that our wildlife and d...

Do schools put too much pressure on kids?

Posted August 21, 2014 no picture Laura

no picture Laura View Profile

In my opinion, schools currently put too much pressure on children. In a way, it shows them the competitive side and the pressure of "being better than the other." Children are "formatted" in this competitive society and sometimes do not remove the "pleasure" of studying. They see the school as an obligation and not as a resource for building their own future. The pressure caused by the overload of homework, tests, etc. damages the student. Should we think in a more sustainable...

Can you understand me?

Posted August 20, 2014 Avatar Francisca Lily

Avatar Francisca Lily View Profile

I have been on holiday now for 4 months, I have been working in a nursery. Like most places, no one person is the same! Especially the languages they speak. The nursery I work in is very diverse! Staff and children alike are from South America to Asia! I have loved it! I feel like a child who has been given their favourite toy! I decided to learn a few phrases from the Arabic, French, Urdu, Latin and Hebrew language. I have square eyes from being in front of the computer learni...

Extremism and its causes, a real threat!

Posted August 20, 2014 no picture GHEBOULI Zinelabidine

no picture GHEBOULI Zinelabidine View Profile

" All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights. They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood. " - Article 1 of the universal declaration of human rights.* " Everyone is entitled to all the rights and freedoms set forth in this Declaration, without distinction of any kind, such as race, colour, sex, language, religion, political or other opinion, national or social origin, property, birth or other sta...

Proud to be Indonesian Youth

Posted August 20, 2014 no picture Anik Mei D.

no picture Anik Mei D. View Profile

Helllooooo, everyone. This is my first time make a post in this amazing VOY. So, let me introduce myself. :) Holla, my name is Anik Mei Darwati. You can call me Anik or Mei. Mei is my little name when I was a child. Okay, don't make a joke with saying 'Mei, June, July' :D . I've ever felt it how kinda funny it was when everyone's calling my name plus with that joke. I was originally born in Indonesia. Exactly in a little village that named Berbek. Berbek geographicly located at N...

You are beautiful...

Posted August 20, 2014 no picture Artemis Boutsifakou

no picture Artemis Boutsifakou View Profile

Dear girl, dear woman, I will begin with this; you are beautiful. You are gorgeous and no one can take this from you. Many times, women are not respected. From non-developed countries to sexism, many women are abused, both physically and mentally. As a result, they don't have confidence, they don't believe in themselves, their powers and their beauty and many fall into depression, or even worse, they commit suicide. Unfortunately, society has a big part of this tragedy. Even...