If I were a millionaire...

Posted July 17, 2014 Avatar María Barba

Avatar María Barba View Profile

Imagine you could invest your money to help people, and end the global problems explained in all the posts. Imagine then you could get that money back, and reinvest it again on a different cause. Welcome to Social Business. This term, created by Nobel Peace Prize Muhammad Yunus is said to be the key to overcome poverty. The principles set by this man are: - Business objective will be to overcome poverty, or one or more problems (such as education, health, technology acc...

The OneMinutesJr. video challenge

Posted July 21, 2014 Avatar KateVOY

Avatar KateVOY View Profile

Calling all budding young filmmakers! What do Child Rights mean to you? Tell us in a 60 second video! As the 25th anniversary of the Convention on the Rights of the Child approaches in November 2014, we want to hear from you. From declining infant mortality to rising school enrollment, more children are realizing their basic rights. But this historic milestone must also serve as an urgent reminder that there’s still a long road ahead. Too many children still don’t enjo...

#YouthForChange: Action Statement & Report

Posted July 21, 2014 Avatar KateVOY

Avatar KateVOY View Profile

Read the #YouthForChange Action Statement and Research Report. Over the past few weeks Voices of Youth has been sharing articles, testimonies and resources all about FGM/C and child marriage. We also asked you to take part in an online survey, to get your views on these issues - because we believe that with youth engagement we can hope to achieve the goal of ending FGM/C and child marriage faster. All of this has been in the lead up to the #YouthForChange event which to...

Cracks in the (Political) Glass Ceiling

Posted July 21, 2014 Avatar Effie Johari

Avatar Effie Johari View Profile

Quelle jeunesse nous entoure ?

Posted July 21, 2014 Avatar Mathieu Saurin

Avatar Mathieu Saurin View Profile

Je me suis souvent demandé ce que pensaient les adultes des jeunes d’aujourd’hui, en France et ailleurs dans le monde. Bien sûr, on entend régulièrement des phrases stéréotypées et clichées balancées çà et là mais je souhaitais approfondir ce questionnement resté sans réponses concrètes, car je vous l’avoue, je ne peux me résoudre à évoluer à travers des postulats erronés. Pour moi, les situations sont souvent beaucoup plus complexes que l’iceberg émerg...

Are you aware of this year's UN international youth day theme?

Posted July 21, 2014 no picture diana kagwiria

no picture diana kagwiria View Profile

In 1999 a UN assembly set aside 12 August of every year as the UN international youth day .Since then every year different issues that were thought to be affecting the youth were set as themes of the day. Different stakeholders sit down and discuss various ways of dealing with these issues and measures are put in place to address them. This year’s theme is ‘youth and health matters ’ with the slogan mental health matters. According to World Health Organization(WHO) in eve...

introspecive experience

Posted July 20, 2014 Avatar paola.suarez

Avatar paola.suarez View Profile

Legalising prostitution: the two sides of the argument

Posted July 20, 2014 Avatar Thamara Kandabada

Avatar Thamara Kandabada View Profile

One Saturday morning about a year back, I was walking down a road in one major suburb of Colombo (Sri Lanka’s commercial capital). It was 6 am and the road was deserted, far from the image of the bustling city you’d see in the day time. About 20 feet in front of me was a woman. Probably in her late 40s, this plump woman was eyeing both sides of the road suspiciously, walking backwards and forwards on nervous feet. I passed this woman without taking much notice that day. L...

Youth and Environment - a poem

Posted July 20, 2014 no picture PoonamVOY

no picture PoonamVOY View Profile

Humans are your little kids mother, Being factors for you to bother. They cut trees & make you naked, By global warming earth is being baked. Mountains & oceans are your scenic view, Glacier outbursts & tsunamis are hurting you. Humans are being cruel, rude & selfish, Extincting are valuable plants,wildlife and fish. Teach humans mother or scold or slap, But let our offsprings play on your lap. As your kid & youth, promise I make, T...