The perks of being ME

Posted no picture Ayesha Zeb Dar , Kemcolian

no picture Kemcolian
Ayesha Zeb Dar

I am me. This is all I have got. I know my talents and I know my weaknesses. I know how my brain works and how my heart yearns. I know when to let my mind take over and when it's time for my passions to drive me. I do not waste my talents. I utilize them. I am young and I know that I can get things done in lesser time so I spend just the right amount of time on my responsibilities. The rest goes to enjoying. What is it that I enjoy? I enjoy the fact that I am me. But more...

Everybody's a Little Bit Racist

Posted Avatar nikki , student

Avatar student
nikki

He put his fingers to the corners of his eyes and pulled to make it look like he was squinting. “Come on,” he says when I don’t laugh. “Nikki, come on. It’s just a joke. Why is it bothering you so much? Everybody’s a little bit racist." Everybody’s a little bit racist. The words are flashing in my mind and burning holes, singeing every inch of my skin, and here he is, telling me that I’m supposed to be okay with this. I’m supposed to be okay with his joke an...

If I were God...

Posted no picture Priyanka Sahoo

no picture Priyanka Sahoo

If I were God, would I give a little more water to the draught? Give a little more food to the hungry, give a little more happiness to the sultry? Give a little more love to the rejected, give a little more soil to the deserted? Give a little more oxygen to breathe: instead I would give a little more knowledge to perceive that all of it is and will always be borrowed by the ones it is sent unto and within seconds,...

A Treasure to Share With You

Posted no picture Idil Kına , Medical Student

no picture Medical Student
Idil Kına

Hey everyone! It is always a joy to share with you people what I think, feel, create... And of course It is always a greater joy to read the amazing blogs you write and the comments you post. But today I want to share with you a treasure I have discovered while randomly talking to my friend Jessica about blogs. For me, Jessica is this awesome person who I've become friends with in a short time and who has always supported me through my journey of human rights with her. Jessica di...

To My Stars

Posted Avatar Unitika Schlawenger , International Youth Representative

Avatar International Youth Representative
Unitika Schlawenger

To My Stars - Each and Every One of You - A Message using Valentines Day an excuse - #LoveWins everyday. I called not me, But you a star. My stars I keep, Near to my heart. With every beat, To all of you, Pumps messages blessed, Keep them fresh, With you. You all are my, Daisies boo, All petals of them, Fresh roses, I was never, Tired of you. You were my star, And I was just the darkness, With you....

Unnoticed Neighbors

Posted Avatar Mohsin Gilani , Engineer, Writer and Traveler

Avatar Engineer, Writer and Traveler
Mohsin Gilani

Today, almost every corner of the planet is home to someone. Wherever you go to live, most probably you'll see that you have some neighbors. It is an interesting aspect of neighborhood that there can be various types of neighbors which may leave a unique impression on our thoughts and life. Each of us has got their unique experiences with our neighbors. However, today I would like to mention some neighbors who mostly go unnoticed. In fact they prefer to stay unnoticed. A few...

Then there was Spring

Posted no picture Tanya Singh , Poet, Writer and Blogger

no picture Poet, Writer and Blogger
Tanya Singh

He doesn’t understand my language, neither I his, But we spoke a language together, We spoke of being friends, Through gestures, and good things, Had then we defied philological, dialectal reasons, And we knew history failed and language did too, And why geography followed suit, Our verses were not the same, We were lost in translation but not any more than we need be, Only gladly lost as the way soil was into the grass, Holding the vast earth toget...

She

Posted no picture Artjola , Student

Artjola

She gives life, she gives all her nights away to stay by you while you're crying, she gives you so much love and she never wants anything in return. Can you imagine a creature so selfless? A creature that loves without conditions like her? Have you ever seen anything more beautiful than the love of a woman? A woman. She'll go through the worst times in her life and will still manage to smile as if nothing has happened, she'll put you first and make sure you are always hap...

Child labor in Egypt

Posted Avatar Lorenzo Gontijo , Brazilian, International Relations student, traveler and storyteller

Avatar Brazilian, International Relations student, traveler and storyteller
Lorenzo Gontijo

In Egypt child labor rates are high and it's very common to find children being forced or influenced to work in the various sectors of society (agriculture, industry and domestic work, such as transportation, garbage collection, and sales). While there I met Hassem, 14, who is in the 9th grade in school and loves soccer. But he still has to work every day as a tuk-tuk driver to generate more money and help his family. A tuk-tuk is a small three-wheeled vehicle used for transporta...

VOY across the world