The Beauty of Silence

Posted no picture lalitha09

no picture lalitha09

Do you ever just sit still and listen? Listen to the sounds of cars whizzing down the street, or birds chirping? Have you ever woken up at night and heard nothing at all, just the sound of a world sleeping?As a teen I feel like my life is going in all sorts of directions with no place to take a break. My mind seems to be constantly on alert waiting for the next sound to come. I never seem to be able to just sit and breathe, and not worry about an upcoming test or be trying to find places to volu...

Climate Change and the effects on my community

Posted no picture Jonas.Mueller

no picture Jonas.Mueller

Hey there, my name is Jonas Müller, I am 17 years old and I live in a small valley up in the Austrian Mountains. In the following blog, I would like to tell you about the impact of climate change on my community and what we do to protect our environment. Currently, its April, its sunny outside and everybody is enjoying the nice weather. People are out on their bikes, walking through the forests and just living their lives. It’s nice to have some change, but this is not the change that is general...

A letter to the international community on Syria

Posted no picture midnightmess02 , Student and UNICEF volunteer

no picture Student and UNICEF volunteer
midnightmess02

Excellencies, Presidents, Leaders,When, in the early morning, in a mist of cloudy weather, you enter your office, sit down and start working, what do you hear, what do you smell? Human voices, the perfume of freshly made coffee, sun rays shining a light on your working table?After having worked long hours you return home and in your bedroom, in the silence of the night, you can sleep knowing that the following day you’ll get up again, in a mist of cloudy weather.Solving wars, finding impossible...

Stereotypes about women in their 20s and marriage

Posted no picture Yori Z. A.

no picture Yori Z. A.

Being in your early 20s when you are a female Indonesian is hard for those of us who want to achieve our dreams. Even in this 21st century, stereotypes against women are still very much alive, even in the central region of our country, Jakarta. The majority of our society still sees a woman as someone who's created to be someone's life partner, and her core existence is to continue the life line of human-beings.Our country was once very conservative about women's freedom, let alone about getting...

5 Ways To Reach Your Goal

Posted no picture Nada Alshikh , Student

Nada Alshikh

Any time you have a goal there are several steps that need to be done in order to achieve it. Here is my way to reach a goal: · UNDERSTAND EXACTLY WHAT YOU WANT Clearly understanding what you want is the first step. You have to look for your goal in this life, ask yourself what is the purpose of my existence? Practice various hobbies even if you've never done them before. It may lead to finding your passion in life. Even if you do not find your goal at first, just continue to searc...

Discovering my journey in the ICT field

Posted no picture P "the techno girl" , Graduate

no picture Graduate
P "the techno girl"

My name is Pertunia Mojapelo and I am a 22-year-old girl from Johannesburg, South Africa. I recently completed my degree in BIS (Information Science), which is the study of the information process from its analysis collection, retrieval to its end-point of dissemination. My degree was focused on the ICT service sector or industry. The reason why I chose to be in this sector is because I have always wanted to make life easier for people in various contexts - ranging from health to business an...

Why I choose to unwind in solitude

Posted no picture Aishwarya Girinarayanan , Law student, worked with The Hindu

no picture Law student, worked with The Hindu
Aishwarya Girinarayanan

Have you often, caught your mind aimlessly wandering away in the middle of a conversation? Do you ever feel the need to excuse yourself out of a social gathering for no apparent reason? More often than not, do you find yourself constantly being prodded with the question 'Why do you look so lost?' I can positively say that I've found myself grappling with the above situations for as long as I can remember. My friends often, tell me that I have an uncanny ability to tune out of conversations very...

THE FESTIVAL "AROUND THE WORLD"

Posted Avatar Anastasia

Avatar Anastasia

Travelling is a good decision. During travel you familiarize yourself with cultures and traditions of other countries, meet new friends from another edge of our planet, try national food and learn how other people live. Everybody likes travelling. And on 15th of April the inhabitants of Ulyanovsk, Russia had the opportunity to travel all over the world without leaving their motherland.The festival "Around the world" took place inside of Ulyanovsk State University. It was an event for travelers,...

The rhythm of searching

Posted Avatar Anisja Sonja G. , Observer of everyday life

Avatar Observer of everyday life
Anisja Sonja G.

We are walking through the desert on the opposite sides of it.Everything seems still.The falcons are flying over our heads and are searching for each other - just like you and me.You came closer, you are almost next to me, but still too far for me to see you.Somewhere around me I feel your steps getting closer rapidly.Just so you didn't know that I waited for you all this time, I hid myself behind a sand mountain and curled myself up in the shadow.You stopped walking, just to hear where my foots...

VOY across the world