He For She: The mission of my life!

Posted Avatar Syed Mahmood Kazmi

Avatar Syed Mahmood Kazmi View Profile

It was one of the great days of my life when I had the opportunity to volunteer during the launching ceremony of UN Women's HeForShe campaign in September last year. I was stunned to hear UN Women's Goodwill Ambassador Ms. Emma Watson's speech live at the United Nations headquarter. She left us some questions to ask ourselves for standing up for Gender Equality and Women Empowerment, "If not me, who? If not now, when?" These words went straight to my heart. I was man number...

Africa was the birthplace of civilization, but the continent as we know it today is in many ways a young place. Most nations only wrested freedom from their imperial powers in the past century, and many of those grew into democratic republics just within the past few decades. Economically, the region has just begun to diversify from its reliance on natural resource exports, with many countries investing in infrastructure and education and establishing robust manufacturing, service,...

Since You Are Young...

Posted no picture Piumi Madushani

no picture Piumi Madushani View Profile

Young age is called as the most influential age at which persons are more active, healthy and experimental. It would bestow you more opportunities of self growth and skill enhancement. Encountering the freedom of life would bring enjoyment; therefore, both choices and decisions must be taken prudently. Since the consequences of actions should not make you frustrated, your needs should be fulfilled carefully without being controlled by someone else. Since you are young, you are supp...

Bullying

Posted no picture Ayelle Menzino

no picture Ayelle Menzino View Profile

Bullying is a popular problem in school as well as on social sites. I believe that it starts with the parents if we want to prevent bullying. Behind those bullies are problems, emotional ,mental ,physical and even financial problems. These bullies bully because, I think they need their parents' attention. Most victims at school are the freshmen, the nerdy folks and those quiet children. But I want to say to these victims that they don't need to be scared - talk about it to your...

A FLOODED BUDALANGI

Posted no picture Marcel Temba

no picture Marcel Temba View Profile

Climate change is one of the most serious threats to sustainable development globally. Budalangi division is in the Western Province of Kenya. It lies to the north of Lake Victoria near the Kenya-Uganda border. The rainfall pattern in Budalangi is mainly bi-modal (two rainfall seasons in a year). The River originates from two high-ground areas of Mt. Elgon and Cherengany Hills and drains into Lake Victoria. These two areas are known to have high rainfall amounts almost througho...

Part 2 - Support Hashtag Movement

Posted no picture Kristen Unger

no picture Kristen Unger View Profile

Hello all- I posted about a week ago describing a social media campaign to raise support for and honor the memory of Deah/Yusor/Razon, the victims of the shooting in Chapel Hill NC. I've taken the first step to creating the social media campaign I spoke about in the first post I made by creating a hash-tag. I will be working on a facebook page to connect the tag to honoring the memory of Deah/Yusor/Razon over the next couple of days. I've also included below an example post o...

Ubuntu...What is it?

Posted no picture Children's Radio Foundation

no picture Children's Radio Foundation View Profile

It has been a philosophy and a living concept that shaped human relations across hundreds of years, but many people are beginning to question ubuntu...asking, "What is it really? Is it alive today? We hear reflections from the youth on the streets of Cape Town, South Africa.

Campus: Then What? Success?

Posted Avatar Grace Kiunga

Avatar Grace Kiunga View Profile

So I am just wondering, what are the options open for me after I graduate? I am visualizing what will transpire when I meet up with my classmates five years down the line and I can only imagine the different lifestyles we will be having. One will be sending wedding invites to me, overjoyed that she is getting married while some of us will be jealous of her. Another one will already have had two children and a third one on the way, and that is most probably the one who used to air f...

Youth Assembly at the United Nations: Time to Unite Youth!

Posted Avatar Syed Mahmood Kazmi

Avatar Syed Mahmood Kazmi View Profile

Once again, I was honored to join hands together with my young leaders in organizing an incredible event. Yes, The Youth Assembly took place from Feb. 11-12 at the United Nations headquarters in New York. The exciting event brought together almost 500 Youth leaders and social entrepreneurs from more than 30 countries. The theme of the event was, "Bridging the Gap Between Youth Employment and Global Development". The Youth Assembly has been founded and organized by the Friendship...

VOY across the world