Benazir Bhutto: An Unforgotten States Woman

Published Avatar Eya Abidi

Avatar Eya Abidi

“If you want something said, ask a man; if you want something done, ask a woman.” Indeed, Benazir Bhutto’s life story unfolds like a tale of Shakespearean dimensions in which she led a huge chain of success and through which she shifted from well pampered princess to an unbeaten and polarizing sates-woman in one of the most dangerous countries on earth. Benazir Bhutto was a paramount and conspicuous leader in the politics of Pakistan. She was the chair person of the Pakista...

Sustainable Development Goals: Addressing the Role of Young People

Published Avatar Plan International

Avatar Plan International

The following is Part I of a two-part blog from Sara, who is currently at the United Nations headquarters in New York, consulting on youth participation and governance sections within the Sustainable Development Goals. Hi, I’m Sara. I belong to Plan International’s Global Youth Advisory Panel. Currently, I’m in New York City preparing for a workshop called “Measuring Youth Engagement in Governance: Workshop on Youth-Focused Indicators for Goal 16 Governance Targets.”...

The Emancipation

Published Avatar Ala Oueslati , Mr.

Avatar Mr.
Ala Oueslati

Religion is a source of knowledge, inspiration, hope and serenity that people hold to give them purpose, value and peace. That is not what I was taught when I was younger. That is not what is being taught where I come from. What I was taught though, like most young people in the Middle East and North Africa, is that this part of the world is a region where hospitality is a fundamental quality and where generosity is the common behavioral code. I was also taught to pay respect t...

BLACK AND WHITE: ONE WORLD UNITY FOR ALL

Published no picture Prince Adeyemi Ridwan , Urban and Regional Planning student, federal university of technology, akure. Nigeria.

no picture Urban and Regional Planning student, federal university of technology, akure. Nigeria.
Prince Adeyemi Ridwan

As a kid in my native town there is a market where locals, craft men and traders from nearby villages come to sell and buy goods. A white man came from Unilever Plc. for inspection of the company’s products coincidentally the day was my first day of seeing a white man in my neighborhood. Though I do see white men but they were on magazines, billboards, televisions, and soap and cream covers. From there I could feel the air around the market, every trader with Unilever products on...

No Country Can Really Develop Until Its Citizens Are Educated

Published Avatar Winifred Ahupa

Avatar Winifred Ahupa

“Education is not just preparation for life, education is life itself” John Dewey “Education in its general sense is a form of learning in which the knowledge, skills, and habits of a group of people are transferred to an individual through teaching, training, or research. Education frequently takes place under the guidance of others, but may also be auto-didactic” - Wikipedia. Any experience that has a formative effect on the way one thinks, feels, or acts may be c...

On The Passage Of Gay Rights

Published Avatar St.Uche , Mr

Avatar Mr
St.Uche

Some things are not all about intellectual or faith based logic. Personally, I don't see any sense in same sex marriage, but that's my opinion. Some people do. And having fought & won the right to live according to their believes, I think they should be accommodated. This world has about 6 billion people and everybody's opinion counts. Reality should not be restricted to popular opinion notwithstanding the cogency of the popular opinion. We must not allow any notion wha...

Voice Of Sounds

Published no picture UCHE OFILI A

no picture UCHE OFILI A

Listening to an Indian song Aaja Aaja Piya I danced like madness Carried by the rhythm of sounds And then I began to hear: Voices of sounds Speaking to me Speaking to the rhythm within Commanding my body Calling to abilities deep within Sounds of words without letters Words of depth and power It spoke to the rhythm within sounds of freedom & madness Timeless boundless sounds Of Power inexpressible

Terrorism strikes again in Tunisia

Published Avatar Eya Abidi

Avatar Eya Abidi

After the Bardo museum attack three months ago, terrorism strikes again in Tunisia. Once again the attack targeted foreign tourists. This time the loss is bigger and its effect will be greater on Tunisia’s fledgling democracy and prosperity. On Friday, 26th of June, a terrorist opened fire on the beach of Sousse killing 39 people and causing a larger number of serious injuries. As the health ministry said the majority of the fatalities are British, Belgian, German, Russian and...

If I Were Prime Minister

Published Avatar Courtney Young

Avatar Courtney Young

In Grade 12 I was voted “Most Likely to Become Prime Minister” by my peers. While I have no current aspirations to enter Canadian politics, I can, for certain, say that I would do things differently than our current leader. From investing in the futures of Canada’s youth, to fully investigating the numerous cases of missing and murdered aboriginal women, to committing to reducing fossil fuels and the effects of climate change, to advancing women’s ability to choose and...

VOY across the world