Published by Kearoma Mosata

Internet Safety : An African Child's Perspective

Growing up there never really was any big fuss over technology and innovation. I used a computer t...

Five Things to Consider Before Running a Startup

Published Avatar Begimai Sataeva , Journalist

Avatar Journalist
Begimai Sataeva

Living abroad, I’ve realized that I miss my country Kyrgyzstan. I cannot bring it to Poland, but I can bring is some handmade authentic products from Central Asia, made especially for me. However, I can’t find any of these products in Warsaw. Many of my compatriots and lovers of handmade products are in the same situation. So I got together with like-minded people and we have decided to run startup project called ARTASIAN.co The idea is combining a retail online platform with...

I met Dissa a few weeks ago at a career event organized by my university in Japan, Ritsumeikan Asia Pacific University (APU). She was an APU alumna invited to speak at the event. She’s currently an equity analyst at Credit Suisse Singapore as well as the owner of Deaf Café Fingertalk, the first café in Indonesia where all the employees are deaf. She’s only 25 years old but she has had a lot of volunteering experience in many countries. She came to Japan from Indonesia at...

How To Keep a Man

Published Avatar Carrie , Marketer

Avatar Marketer
Carrie

If you can’t feed your man, you are going to lose him. And when I say ‘feed’ I don’t mean takeaways or personal chefs honey. YOU have to cook delicious, edible food, repeatedly, everyday. It doesn’t matter whether you and him got home from work at the exact same time. Doesn’t matter if you had a horrible day and you are exhausted because your boss decided to be an especially annoying prick. It does not matter. He is hungry and he wants to be fed - whether or not he bo...

The Born This Way Manifesto

Published Avatar Ghita El Bouamri , Student

Ghita El Bouamri

When you were born, you came to life, but you also entered its coliseum. You’re a gladiator. You’ve got to fight in order to survive. Except that your survival doesn’t depend on your health anymore, but on your visibility to those around you. The modern world as it is now, has one and only one motto: "I amaze, therefore I am". You must be original in order to be noticed, you should be noticed to be admired, you have to be admired to be respected and then, and only then, w...

Even the Strongest Person Needs Support

Published no picture Jay Yvonne

no picture Jay Yvonne

A few weeks ago my mother called me. She called me crying hysterically and though this happens a few times a year, this time felt slightly different. I was on the bus on the way home from visiting my family out of town when I received the call, and honestly, my heart dropped almost immediately. Many of us have received a similar phone call from a loved one who was upset or distraught about something and needed someone to talk to. But this is a little different and it’s differen...

The Necessity of Individuality

Published no picture Jasmine

no picture Jasmine

I may not be a psychological expert, but I think it’s safe to say that every one of us has reached a point in our lives wherein we question our personality and the way we act, always wary of the societal pressures that envelope our world. Although in our heads we know we shouldn’t care about what other people think of us, there is always an inkling of doubt that seems to have settled in our hearts, never allowing us to be fully confident in our own skin. Or so we thought....

"Young" Indicates My Age, Not my Character

Published no picture Andri P. , High School Student

no picture High School Student
Andri P.

One day before a Greek composition test. Actually, it’s less than a day. But it doesn’t matter. I have time ahead. The question is, do I want to learn? I mean, the new generation is irresponsible, self-destructive and spasmodic, right? At least that’s what the Modern Greek O’level Composition book states… But let’s, for once, not be emotionally driven (Another characteristic of the new generation) and state the facts as said in the book, translated from Greek: Neg...

The Walk

Published no picture Mike Ekim

no picture Mike Ekim

I walked onto a path that I had heard made people mad, with all its ups and downs it made most men sad. The path chosen was not so soft for it had been tread on not oft, with all its this-and-that it still got man stuck. All along the walk I remembered one of life's lessons before saying this-or-that you gotta learn to walk your talk......silently I walked on almost tiring but never giving up, chilly was the wind that blew but stronger was the will to see myself through...somew...

2.3.4

Published no picture Giftedminds Writers

no picture Giftedminds Writers

2-3-4 234 is not just a number, It is the voice of the helpless children. 234 is not a mere number, It is a forceful seizure of the future queens. 234 is at all not numbering, It is the very period tears flood the eyes of every mother. 234 is not all about the number, It is the number of human lives lying in the hands of the devourers. 234 is the period in history of Nigeria when bloodshed of the masses is no longer enough to make history, It is but th...

VOY across the world