A Treasure to Share With You

Posted no picture Idil Kına , Medical Student

no picture Medical Student
Idil Kına

Hey everyone! It is always a joy to share with you people what I think, feel, create... And of course It is always a greater joy to read the amazing blogs you write and the comments you post. But today I want to share with you a treasure I have discovered while randomly talking to my friend Jessica about blogs. For me, Jessica is this awesome person who I've become friends with in a short time and who has always supported me through my journey of human rights with her. Jessica di...

To My Stars

Posted Avatar Unitika Schlawenger , International Youth Representative

Avatar International Youth Representative
Unitika Schlawenger

To My Stars - Each and Every One of You - A Message using Valentines Day an excuse - #LoveWins everyday. I called not me, But you a star. My stars I keep, Near to my heart. With every beat, To all of you, Pumps messages blessed, Keep them fresh, With you. You all are my, Daisies boo, All petals of them, Fresh roses, I was never, Tired of you. You were my star, And I was just the darkness, With you....

Unnoticed Neighbors

Posted Avatar Mohsin Gilani , Engineer, Writer and Traveler

Avatar Engineer, Writer and Traveler
Mohsin Gilani

Today, almost every corner of the planet is home to someone. Wherever you go to live, most probably you'll see that you have some neighbors. It is an interesting aspect of neighborhood that there can be various types of neighbors which may leave a unique impression on our thoughts and life. Each of us has got their unique experiences with our neighbors. However, today I would like to mention some neighbors who mostly go unnoticed. In fact they prefer to stay unnoticed. A few...

Then there was Spring

Posted no picture Tanya Singh , Poet, Writer and Blogger

no picture Poet, Writer and Blogger
Tanya Singh

He doesn’t understand my language, neither I his, But we spoke a language together, We spoke of being friends, Through gestures, and good things, Had then we defied philological, dialectal reasons, And we knew history failed and language did too, And why geography followed suit, Our verses were not the same, We were lost in translation but not any more than we need be, Only gladly lost as the way soil was into the grass, Holding the vast earth toget...

She

Posted no picture Artjola , Student

Artjola

She gives life, she gives all her nights away to stay by you while you're crying, she gives you so much love and she never wants anything in return. Can you imagine a creature so selfless? A creature that loves without conditions like her? Have you ever seen anything more beautiful than the love of a woman? A woman. She'll go through the worst times in her life and will still manage to smile as if nothing has happened, she'll put you first and make sure you are always hap...

Child labor in Egypt

Posted Avatar Lorenzo Gontijo , Brazilian, International Relations student, traveler and storyteller

Avatar Brazilian, International Relations student, traveler and storyteller
Lorenzo Gontijo

In Egypt child labor rates are high and it's very common to find children being forced or influenced to work in the various sectors of society (agriculture, industry and domestic work, such as transportation, garbage collection, and sales). While there I met Hassem, 14, who is in the 9th grade in school and loves soccer. But he still has to work every day as a tuk-tuk driver to generate more money and help his family. A tuk-tuk is a small three-wheeled vehicle used for transporta...

I'm sorry, but could you repeat that in English?

Posted Avatar nikki , student

Avatar student
nikki

My mother and father learned English before I was born. They taught me English and raised me on its words. They didn't give up their mother tongue, they simply hid it from me. My parents chose not to teach me my native Tagalog in my childhood because they envisioned a future for me in which English was the only language I would need in life. I love my mother and father. I love that they did what they thought was best for me. I love how determined they were to give me a bright f...

Roar From the Inside

Posted no picture Matthew Rindel , Advocate for Change

no picture Advocate for Change
Matthew Rindel

I believe in Agenda 2063, the aspirations for the Africa We Want, because I am a citizen of Africa before I am a citizen of the world. I believe in this profound agenda and the ability of both myself and my comrades, the abundant youth of Africa, to positively influence the continent and, by extension, the world. The extent of this belief permeates into the principles of a new business venture I am embarking on, called Sobantu Technologies (sobantu meaning 'with people'), which endorses the agen...

Why I Write

Posted no picture Niken Afifah

no picture Niken Afifah

I write because sometimes it’s just too complicated to tell everything to anyone. I write because I think people won’t understand. I write because I don’t think I can fully trust anyone. I write because I think people won’t be so nice or approving. I write because I think people would try too hard to be nice and approving. I write because at the time, I don’t have whatever it takes to run away–both mentally and physically. I write because the pages are simply ther...

VOY across the world