http://imgur.com/q1jfgyZ.jpg

Posted by MischaVOY

Applications for VOY blogging internship 2015 are now open!

MORE INFORMATION ON HOW TO APPLY CAN BE FOUND HERE

Girls and Education is everywhere!

Posted Avatar Francisca Lily

Avatar Francisca Lily View Profile

Since learning Amharic (here and there) I had begun listening to Amharic music. I stumbled across this song called 'Taitu'. I listened to the song non-stop for a few days. I sort of gathered by the English subtitles about educating girls and my heart leapt for joy! My favourite topic in a song! As soon as I saw my classmate who has been teaching me Amharic I immediately got out my earphones and played her the song. She told me that the song was about allowing girls to access ed...

The Need for Easy Access to Sanitation

Posted Avatar Anant Mishra

Avatar Anant Mishra View Profile

Background The World Health Organization (WHO) defines sanitation as, “the provision of facilities and services for the safe disposal of human urine and faeces.” However there are approximately 40% of the habitants in the world living without sanitation fecilities. Besides the example of some developed nations, sanitation is majorly lacking in developing or underdeveloped countries. Even if some sanitation awareness standards are implemented, the standards only includes pit...

He For She: The mission of my life!

Posted Avatar Syed Mahmood Kazmi

Avatar Syed Mahmood Kazmi View Profile

It was one of the great days of my life when I had the opportunity to volunteer during the launching ceremony of UN Women's HeForShe campaign in September last year. I was stunned to hear UN Women's Goodwill Ambassador Ms. Emma Watson's speech live at the United Nations headquarter. She left us some questions to ask ourselves for standing up for Gender Equality and Women Empowerment, "If not me, who? If not now, when?" These words went straight to my heart. I was man number...

Africa was the birthplace of civilization, but the continent as we know it today is in many ways a young place. Most nations only wrested freedom from their imperial powers in the past century, and many of those grew into democratic republics just within the past few decades. Economically, the region has just begun to diversify from its reliance on natural resource exports, with many countries investing in infrastructure and education and establishing robust manufacturing, service,...

Since You Are Young...

Posted no picture Piumi Madushani

no picture Piumi Madushani View Profile

Young age is called as the most influential age at which persons are more active, healthy and experimental. It would bestow you more opportunities of self growth and skill enhancement. Encountering the freedom of life would bring enjoyment; therefore, both choices and decisions must be taken prudently. Since the consequences of actions should not make you frustrated, your needs should be fulfilled carefully without being controlled by someone else. Since you are young, you are supp...

Bullying

Posted no picture Ayelle Menzino

no picture Ayelle Menzino View Profile

Bullying is a popular problem in school as well as on social sites. I believe that it starts with the parents if we want to prevent bullying. Behind those bullies are problems, emotional ,mental ,physical and even financial problems. These bullies bully because, I think they need their parents' attention. Most victims at school are the freshmen, the nerdy folks and those quiet children. But I want to say to these victims that they don't need to be scared - talk about it to your...

A FLOODED BUDALANGI

Posted no picture Marcel Temba

no picture Marcel Temba View Profile

Climate change is one of the most serious threats to sustainable development globally. Budalangi division is in the Western Province of Kenya. It lies to the north of Lake Victoria near the Kenya-Uganda border. The rainfall pattern in Budalangi is mainly bi-modal (two rainfall seasons in a year). The River originates from two high-ground areas of Mt. Elgon and Cherengany Hills and drains into Lake Victoria. These two areas are known to have high rainfall amounts almost througho...

Part 2 - Support Hashtag Movement

Posted no picture Kristen Unger

no picture Kristen Unger View Profile

Hello all- I posted about a week ago describing a social media campaign to raise support for and honor the memory of Deah/Yusor/Razon, the victims of the shooting in Chapel Hill NC. I've taken the first step to creating the social media campaign I spoke about in the first post I made by creating a hash-tag. I will be working on a facebook page to connect the tag to honoring the memory of Deah/Yusor/Razon over the next couple of days. I've also included below an example post o...

Ubuntu...What is it?

Posted no picture Children's Radio Foundation

no picture Children's Radio Foundation View Profile

It has been a philosophy and a living concept that shaped human relations across hundreds of years, but many people are beginning to question ubuntu...asking, "What is it really? Is it alive today? We hear reflections from the youth on the streets of Cape Town, South Africa.

VOY across the world