Human Rights

Take action on children’s rights

Children’s lives should be filled with health, learning, protection, love, joy and play. 

To do just that, world leaders made a commitment to the world’s children by adopting the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child 30 years ago. 

It’s the most widely ratified human rights treaty in history and has helped transform children’s lives around the world. 

But still, not every child gets to enjoy a full childhood. Too many childhoods are cut short. 

It is up to our generation to demand that leaders from government, business and communities fulfil their commitments and take action for child rights now, once and for all.

6 actions you can take right now

1. Sign up for U-Report and raise your voice about your rights
  2. Use social media to advocate for children’s issues
  3. Volunteer for a local children’s organization
  4. Lead a workshop on children’s rights
  5. Host a pop-up festival to educate children on their rights
  6. Speak up and share your views on children's rights on Voices of Youth!

Educate yourself

Smiling girls hugging each other in Abidjan, the capital of Côte d'Ivoire.

Online course: Children’s rights and why they matter

This short course will enhance your understanding of child rights and how to apply a child rights lens to your everyday life.

Get started!

A young girl is facing the camera inside a library.

World’s Largest Lesson: Lessons, projects and resources to learn about topics related to your rights

Health. Environment. Safety. Pick a subject you want to learn more about and get activated on.

Learn more and take action.

A group of children huddled together outside are smiling and laughing together.

Child-Friendly Version of the CRC

Learn about your rights in this easy-to-read version of the Convention on the Rights of the Child.

Read it now.

Kids are speaking up,

Kids are demanding their rights,

Kids are acting now for a better tomorrow

What will you do?

Hear what young people have to say

A group of children standing next to each other laughing and smiling outside in Mongolia.

Voices from around the world on children’s rights

Find out what they're saying.

An image of the author speaking at an event.

Let’s make global children’s participation a reality

Children are often left out of decisions made for them. Konstantinos from Greece believes this must change. Here's why.

A group of young people stand together in front of a stage at a press conference.

Children use CRC to hold their leaders accountable

Learn more about the 16 children from around the world that filed a landmark complaint through the CRC against their government’s inaction on the climate crisis.

Topic