A letter to my younger self

A letter

August 2013
Dear younger Archi

Hey, I hope you are fine, I know you’ve always waited for a sign or signal from the future, so here I sit down to write this letter, I’m flooded with memories of our past and the journey that has led us to this point. I want you to know that every step you’re taking, and every experience you’re having, is shaping the person you’ll become. So, listen closely to the words I have to share.

First and foremost, I want you to understand that you are enough. You don’t need to change who you are or try to fit into someone else’s mold. Embrace your uniqueness, your quirks, and your passions. The things that make you different are the things that will make your journey extraordinary. Don’t let others define you and just be yourself, you are awesome and I want you to remember this always.

I know there are times when you feel unsure and doubt yourself. Remember that it’s okay not to have all the answers. Life is a series of discoveries, and each challenge you face is an opportunity to learn and grow. Don’t be afraid to ask for help or seek guidance when you need it. I know you think you don’t need any help and you are this capable too, but asking for help is a sign of strength, not weakness.

You’ll encounter setbacks and failures along the way, but please don’t let them define you. Every stumble is a chance to rise stronger and wiser. Be kind to yourself during these times. Treat yourself with the same compassion you would offer to a friend going through a tough time.

Friendships will come and go, and that’s okay too. Some people will be with you for a lifetime, while others will teach you valuable lessons in a short span. Cherish the connections you make, but don’t hold onto toxic relationships out of fear of being alone. Surround yourself with people who uplift and support you.

Lastly, don’t forget to have fun. Life can be serious, but don’t let that overshadow the moments of joy and laughter. Dance like nobody’s watching, sing like nobody’s listening, and explore the world with the curiosity of a child like you’ve always done.

As I write this letter, I wish I could take your hand and guide you through the journey ahead. But know that every step you take, every choice you make, will lead you to where I am now. And though the path isn’t always easy, it’s uniquely yours, and it’s shaping you into someone you can be proud of.

Believe in yourself, and trust your instincts, Your journey is just beginning, and it’s filled with incredible experiences and opportunities. Believe in yourself, embrace the challenges, and savor the moments of joy. You are stronger, braver, and more resilient than you can imagine. Keep your heart open, and your mind curious, stay true to your values, and always remember that you are loved and supported.

With tons of love,

Your elder version