End Of The School Year Remarks

The words "We Shape The Future" in a colorful background

June for many marks the end of the school year and I would first like to say, we made it. Each one of us was given challenges, though they all had the same source, each one played out differently.

We will never be able to return back to the way things use to be, but that doesn't mean we can't remember them. This was but another bump in the road, and we overcame it. But we didn't come out of it perfectly (and we are still not fully through it), we may had loss someone or something, emotional troubles, physical obstacles, but we got through it.

There is no doubt that this has been a troubling year, but then again we can relate this to our entire generation. We were handed a flawed world as past generations have throughout all of history. But also like all past generations we can try to help make it a better world.

We are faced with rapidly increasing climate change, inequality in nearly every aspect of life, and we are the first generation that may never see a world at peace due to constant and widespread conflict. That is our motivation, to be able to say we helped make a difference in this rapidly changing world. With that we must acknowledge that in order to improve a flawed system, we all must be apart of the overall system.

We must work with the past generations who have knowledge on these topics while increasing our own knowledge within the fields of error, and we collaborate on solutions to help improve the future. If we choose not to be the change, then who will? I say to you all that we must learn from this devastating time in our history, and apply those lessons to help prepare the future world for more challenges, and to keep working at overcoming these challenges.

We know what happens when something is not taken care of, and we live with it everyday. So let's change that and start shaping the future.